Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Back dated build .finally getting to the engine

giannoutsos

166 Posts
Member #: 8952
Advanced Member

Athens Greece

That grill looks good. Nice change from the norm. John

Pete B

80 Posts
Member #: 11548
Advanced Member

Calne Wiltshire

Thanks for the comment on the grille john
I was looking for some round bonnet vents and came across desk grommets that are cheap to buy so ordered some up cut some holes and added some mesh think they look ok just hope the chrome finish doesn't wear off.

Attachments:

Pete B

80 Posts
Advanced Member

Calne Wiltshire

Also bought a megajolt kit from trigger wheels which I've started to fit used a digital dti gauge to find tdc on cylinder 1 and fitted trigger wheel and sensor. Fitted the coil mount to the brace bar and mounted the edis to bulkhead mounted on 5mm ally plate.

Pete B

80 Posts
Advanced Member

Calne Wiltshire

Well don't know where 2019 went I was hoping to be finished for Castle Coombe back in September that turned into wishful thinking. Nonetheless still chipped away at the work all last year but things just seemed to take longer than expected. Still got a bit of wiring to finish for the megajolt but it is giving a good spark on the edis side
Finished off door cards and interior handles. Spent a few weekends playing about with clutch arms making the pedal lighter. Fitted fuel lines fuel pressure regulator and gauge. Still need to sort out fuel pump wiring. Last thing I've been doing is making an exhaust down pipe and fitted a playmini 2 inch centre exit system.

Edited by Pete B on 5th Jan, 2020.

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

Good stuff, keep chipping away.

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

looks really neat, like Phil says keep chipping away. I tried to list all of my jobs and break them down as small as possible. That way I can tick off easy ones and feels like im achieving something/getting some where with it.

Pete B

80 Posts
Advanced Member

Calne Wiltshire

Thanks fellas think I've learnt that little steps are better than none

Pete B

80 Posts
Advanced Member

Calne Wiltshire

Bit of a update added a fuse box controlled by a relay for the fuel pump radio and cigarette lighter socket was going to run the edis and megajolt from there as well but it wouldn't spark so moved it back to the original fuse box. I've had the engine running off of the edis good oil pressure and sounded good and the clutch is working. Decided to cut down the front wheel arches as didn't think there was enough clearance on the front edges. Feel like the end is in sight for getting on the road.

Pete B

80 Posts
Advanced Member

Calne Wiltshire

So after being booked into slarks for suspension set up engine tune and mot back in March when the world went mad and put a stop to play. No fault to Neil at slarks I must say got it booked back in about 3 weeks ago for Neil to play about with when he had the time. So collected it yesterday evening and got it home without any dramas. But have got a few teething problems being the original temp gauge reading high fuel gauge not great the odometer has jammed and I've got a oil leak on the timing cover seal. All in all the amount of things that could go wrong don't think it's too bad at least it runs and gearbox and clutch is smooth. Think I was grinning all the way home until I saw a small puddle of oil on the drive way looking forward to turbocharging next.

Attachments:

Pete B

80 Posts
Advanced Member

Calne Wiltshire

2 steps forwards and 3 back sorted the oil leak took the thermostat out recommend by Neil added a tim mechanical water temp gauge. Took it for a run this afternoon was running well and temp around 80 degrees c then temp shot up to 110 luckily this happened close to my dads house. Let it cool down while having a brew put some water in and it pissed out of the stat housing gaskets lesson learnt not to reuse gaskets. Made some new gaskets re filled with water and test run happy again.

Home > Show Us Yours! > Back dated build .finally getting to the engine
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: