Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Shows > Stanford hall mini show

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

So... booked a nice hotel for saturday night just down road from the show, was really looking forward to it! Was packing friday night when i got a screenshot off someone in our club saying it was CANCELLED due to the weather warning!? The mrs said ah well lets go anyway cos we wont get our money back? I thought bugger that driving 3 hours just for a hotel but she reminded me there was a swimming pool, spa etc etc so thought fook it! The mini needs a run so yeah why not! Didnt put the wipers on once on the way there saturday! Woke up sunday morning expecting to see all this dangerous weather out the window?! Nope... birds singing.. sun coming through and nice blue sky!! We said lets go to the hall for a photo before our journey home... got there and another mini was there doing the same thing! Had nice chat with him, another chap turned up with the most gutted face ever!! He didnt know it was cancelled?! Then another.. and another! One guy was in a convertible! (Down!! So shows what the weather was like!) A nice friendly person biked up from the hall and said let me open the gates and you all can come in for chat! I said thanks but we have a journey to do... he said ill keep it open as theres been non stop people here at the gates like yourself...

anyways... i understand people being cautious of this weather warning but it all came to nothing!

Shame really as always look forward to that show *frown*

Was anyone else from here planning on being there today?

Edited by D4VE on 23rd Sep, 2018.

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

wayne miller

211 Posts
Member #: 10890

Twin Cam Turbo Build In Progress Rothwell, Northants

I only live half hour away and was really looking forwards to it as it was local etc. Gutted when it was cancelled :(

Home > Shows > Stanford hall mini show
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: