Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > My Megajolt is killing me

mattsmadmini

118 Posts
Member #: 9965
Advanced Member

Sydney, Australia!

Gday, long time no post.

Finally have time to start playing with the turbo'd moke.

Fairly certain ive sorted my wiring woe's, and im also sure I haven't.

I crank it and can only get spark on a single plug (by the sounds of it)

Ive got a MJ and edis running into a Hyundai excel coilpack, im pretty sure ive got the correct gap on the VR sensor, wiring is ugly but looks correct. What am I missing??

Needing some direction before I start getting violent!

“A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.” - Jeremy Clarkson

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

You cant have spark on only one plug, you must have two plugs sparking together or not at all.

I would make up a metal plate that you can screw the plugs into, and bolt the plate to one of the cylinder head stauds. Connect all the leads to the plugs and then crank the engine over and see how many plugs spark.

have you tried to reverse the polarity of the crank sensor and see if that makes any difference?

Also, you need to use a timing light to check the trigger tooth is in the correct position while the engine is cranking. Not sure what the value is for sure, but I recall something about 5 degrees. Megajolt has +- 5 degree adjustment in the software to calibrate the trigger tooth position.

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

mattsmadmini

118 Posts
Member #: 9965
Advanced Member

Sydney, Australia!

Took me long enough...

KISS.

Place leads 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4

Turn key

Start.

Now to actually finish this thing

“A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.” - Jeremy Clarkson

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > My Megajolt is killing me
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: