Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Hif carb query

Turbocod

21 Posts
Member #: 11807

Hi, picked up a carb for my project, its from a 2.0 princess or ambassador, yep actually found 2 in a scrapyard!
Thought was a hif44, but just tried the filter I got at castle combe last week on it and the mount holes don't line up, slightly off.
So have checked and has a 44mm body, but may be a hif6, listed for princess, and ambassador has the hif 44,
Question really is what's the difference, and can I still fit the metro turbo viton valve in as normal, I already got that.
Its for a supercharger project on a 998 by the way, sorry not a turbo at present. Cheers Dave.

Turbo Phil

4620 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

As far as I know the only difference between the HIF6 and the 44 is that the 6 has a 1.75" throat and the 44 has a 44mm throat. Most parts should be interchangeable, though the throttle disc obviously isn't.

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

Sounds like a pain in the arse to try and use it. Better to just get the right carb.

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

Turbocod

21 Posts
Member #: 11807

Thanks guys, I'm going to strip it apart and seems like same part numbers on rebuild kit, so if foes turn out a no go I'll get a 44, I got it for a tenner so no real biggy. The filter I can redrill mounting holes and fit a stub stack type of thing.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Hif carb query
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: