Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Supercharger 998 ignition

Turbocod

21 Posts
Member #: 11807

Hi,
I'm in the throws of supercharging my 998, did a morris minor a few years back, but the mini is slightly different to that one.
I have the inlet manifold, Eaton and carb manifold.
Should have bottom pulley and tensioner sorted this week, first one I bought didn't line up with the setup. Mpi water pump pulley and alternator one sorted secondhand too. Hif 6 carb until can source a 44 at sensible price, and have inlet heater, needle and viton valve also.
Engine is standard 998 A+ but with a 12G295 head with 28cc chambers and a KAD 100 camshaft, and an LCB exhaust.
Thinking of ignition now, its standard Lucas dizzy at mo, but is going to need modding for the forced induction, turbo distributor would be more suitable, but age, scarcity and price are putting me off,
So what about using a megajolt system? How easy are they to sort and do I need to fit a MAP sensor in the inlet, as not much room, possibility of an extension tube off the tubular manifold sort of central towards bulkhead?
Sorry its not turbo, wish I'd seen the gt1752 manifold setup before I bought the Eaton, but too far in to change now!
Cheers Dave

slater

1030 Posts
Member #: 1291
Post Whore

Suffolk / Birmingham

Yes. Megajolt is a good choice. You don't NEED a MAP because the boost should be pretty repeatable but I would fit one if i was you. It's as easy or easier than fitting a throttle pot.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Supercharger 998 ignition
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: