Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Wanted > Swiftune dog box 2nd gear and 1st/2nd dog ring

adcyork

539 Posts
Member #: 6807
Post Whore

York

Long shot I'm sure but looking for above.

2nd gear is available from swifty but the dog ring is on indefinite back order with quaife so that's the priority.

Thanks

minimole23

4299 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

'Indefinate' How long has that been the case? It's no good mid-season if you can't get spares for a race gear set.

Edited by minimole23 on 18th Oct, 2018.

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

Nick
Forum Mod

4823 Posts
Member #: 154
Post Whore

Midlands

Ah fuck, part number E6A115 by any chance? I need one of those too :(

On 20th Oct, 2015 Tom Fenton said:

Well here is the news, you are not welcome here, FUCK OFF.

adcyork

539 Posts
Post Whore

York

On 19th Oct, 2018 Nick said:

From memory, yes but I’ll check the part number when I’m in the workshop on Monday. All the pictures I have are of the damaged dog teeth on the second gear side and the part number is on the other..

Speaking to few people who race Migs it seems that the lack of availability of the dog ring has been ongoing since January at least

adcyork

539 Posts
Post Whore

York

On 19th Oct, 2018 Nick said:

Nick, that part number doesn't match the numbers on either the second gear or dog ring that I have. In fact there is no part number on the dog ring at all, just a batch number, as confirmed by Swifty.

From the pictures below do you have the same generation of gearset as mine? i.e same spline layout on the dog ring centre? The earlier gearsets had a much coarser spline layout (only 6 splines I believe).

Second gear:

Dog ring:

Edited by adcyork on 30th Oct, 2018.

adcyork

539 Posts
Post Whore

York

Update on this:

Swiftune are due to receive stock from Quaife at the end of January. I've asked if this is a confirmed timing or likely to go back further. So I'd get your request in with Swifty now.

Nick
Forum Mod

4823 Posts
Member #: 154
Post Whore

Midlands

Yeah mine looks to be the earlier gearset to yours. I've had it sat in a box over a year now so it's about time I had a proper look at it and gave swifty another shout.

How's best to get in touch with them? I've tried ringing, leaving voicemails and emailing in the past but had no joy.

On 20th Oct, 2015 Tom Fenton said:

Well here is the news, you are not welcome here, FUCK OFF.

adcyork

539 Posts
Post Whore

York

I’ve had replies by email but they’re very slow (2 weeks average reply time). I’ve then chased up with phone calls to get a response...

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Don’t get why some of the highly regarded mini companies can’t keep on top of keeping there customers happy. Not hard to respond to an email.

cossierick

3074 Posts
Member #: 1348
Post Whore

wakefield West Yorks

I could have some spares ! Im not fully sure what yet and it will be a few weeks until i do. My swifty box is now deamed scrap as we carnt get the parts !

BronkoMini

301 Posts
Member #: 10610

Wiltshire

I like how certain company’s have the time to put loads of info on social media. But they don’t have the time to reply to customer emails or answer the phone

adcyork

539 Posts
Post Whore

York

What generation of gear set were you running Cossie?

On 5th Dec, 2018 cossierick said:
I could have some spares ! Im not fully sure what yet and it will be a few weeks until i do. My swifty box is now deamed scrap as we carnt get the parts !

cossierick

3074 Posts
Member #: 1348
Post Whore

wakefield West Yorks

1st gen I think

Home > Wanted > Swiftune dog box 2nd gear and 1st/2nd dog ring
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: