Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Introduce Yourself > Hi from Australia 🇦🇺

AdamFromOz

6 Posts
Member #: 11824

Hi everyone. I have owned several minis over the years, all early model Morris’ loads of fun and broken regularly lol

I have to confess, I come cap in hand, not with mini questions, but not too far off the marque. I own a 1954 ZA MG Magnette, with a 3 main bearing MGB 1800 on it. It is however, turbocharged, running a blow through hif44 Su 8psi and runs quite well.

Being a tinkerer at heart, that just wont do, and I have been reading with interest the fuel injection builds with great interest.

TRey are somewhat different to my plans, so I would love some advice as to if my idea would work, or if I should head down the port injection line.

My Plan
I have a pair of old HS6 SU’s that I was planning on using as throttle bodies, and the plan was l, to remove the jet and machine the bottom to accommodate a pair of injectors. With the dampers removed, and the plenum receiving the charge and distributing it to both carbs/throttle bodies. Thus giving a stock appearance from the top and modern business from underneath?
I am thinking batch fire for simplicity.
Anybody have any concerns with the concept? (Apart from the fact it’s an MG? 😂*wink*

Cheers

Adam

P.S. Real MG’s have four doors!!!

Jd24-7

55 Posts
Member #: 11761
Advanced Member

Worcestershire

Hi Adam,
I think your idea is spot on. I like the idea, whether it be for stealth or retro look and i see no reason for it not to work. The only thing i might consider is to mimic the throttle bodies of a nore conventional option that is compatible/suitable for your engine management. I have hacked up induction setups to fit in a mini amongst others and even minor changes seem to screw things up,and you never quite know if it is an actual component fault or something you did.
Good luck, and i would love to see the outcome. If you do a good job, It will look standard i guess??

Jeff

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

Wanting simplicity in an EFI setup on a siamese port engine may not be a good idea. And batch firing injectors in a pseudo-port injection setup is definitely not a good idea.

I suggest you start a new thread in the EFI section.

http://www.jbperf.com/

AdamFromOz

6 Posts

Thanks guys. I will definitely start a post in the efi set up.

AdamFromOz

6 Posts

That’s the idea Jeff, not so much total stealth, I can’t see getting around the cables and fuel rail, but I love the look of the twin SU’s with the original plenum. And, I guess, it’s more of a challenge then just chucking some motor cycle throttle bodies on or something like that.
Anyway, I will start a thread in the efi section and go from there I guess. These old carbs I have are not much good in their current form, so it’s worth a crack

Home > Introduce Yourself > Hi from Australia 🇦🇺
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: