Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Staining on new bearings

jayme

84 Posts
Member #: 10547
Advanced Member

Northern Ireland

Afternoon, got a set of bearings for my engine build that when they arrived where extremely stained and patchy looking, I sent them back as I wasn’t 100% happy and had them send a new set.

The new set arrived today, granted the appear much better but I’m concerned that they still aren’t right. On the corners they have a dark stain as can be saw in the photo. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance

Jayme

Attachments:

Edited by jayme on 15th Nov, 2018.

Instagram: bighill93

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

I’ve seen it before, but not that bad. I’ve no idea what causes it, but I ran them anyway. It’s beem together for prob 700 miles without issue.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

Race bearings can have odd colouration due to coatings. Althugh those just look like regular bearings.

As long as they're smooth with nothing hanging off, and everything measures up I wouldnt worry ( unless they say "Made in China" )

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

jayme

84 Posts
Member #: 10547
Advanced Member

Northern Ireland

Thanks fellas

they where mahle bearings, id have thought they should have been more than up to most engine builds. Maybe they would have been fine but i opted to buy a new set to be sure.

Instagram: bighill93

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Staining on new bearings
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: