Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Technical Chat > Undercrown cooling jets, NA circuit spec engine.

minimole23

4300 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

In the new year I will be getting a block, head and other bit prepped to build a decent k-head NA engine. Spec will be 1380, fully ported head, sc sprint cams etc. The bottom end will have the usual tricks with fully worked crank, seanz rods, and omega forged pistons. Power should be around the 150hp mark, ultimately possibly over 170 with some other upgrades in future.

The car will be used for track days, hillclimbs and sprints.

The gearbox will feature a windage tray eliminating that spray of oil from the gears, having had a couple of incidents of stripped teeth flying I don't want teeth and pistons/rods meeting one another.

Would undercrown cooling jets be a worthwhile addition, or are they only really required for high output turbo engines? I have a set of the usual BMW ones on the shelf, but if theres no point I'll not waste the time fitting them.

Thanks

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

They are fitted to many production cars that are naturally aspirated; if I was building a cooking motor of any aspiration; they are going to be installed. I see absolutely zero downsides; only benefits.?

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

minimole23

4300 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

To be honest I have been thinking the same, but thought I would throw it out there.

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

I think with the tray it’s defiantely worth it. Especially as you ah e them on the shelf.

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

Belt and braces, while they may not be required, like Dave said what's the downside ?

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

Home > Technical Chat > Undercrown cooling jets, NA circuit spec engine.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: