Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Help with machine work to fit under piston cooling jets.

Elfturbo

116 Posts
Member #: 2576
Advanced Member

South Staffordshire

Is there anyone in the Midlands who i could employ to help with the installation of under piston cooling jets.

My mates milling machine has not got the height over the bed to fit an A series block in.

Has anyone got any alternative suggestions as to how to mill the flats for the jets. I have some from a BMW mini to use.

Thanks

Richard

HOSS

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

I don’t recall EXACTLY when I fitted the Zetec jets, but I think it was 1998? I didn’t have a mil at the time, so simply used a die grinder to carve out the area to “something like flat” them drilled down on a pillar drill for the main bore. I used a pistol drill for the bolt hole and the angled hole to the main port. I used threaded pipe sealer on the body of the jet and it worked perfectly every time (they were removed every rebuild which was about once a year). I think you’ll be just fine. I certainly was.

Edited by TurboDave16V on 7th Feb, 2019.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Help with machine work to fit under piston cooling jets.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: