Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Bucket seat upholstery cost?

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

So... ive got some fibreglass elise style seats for the mini in the quest for utmost lightness but some OMP bucket seats came up for grabs and i thought theyd be good for long distance journeys for shows... the problem is the centres are Bright red!!! And nothing on my minis red!!! (But they were too cheap to turn down) So a friend gave me some proffesional dye and ive died one centre and its not too bad but i cant help think that with damp clothes one day we'll ruin them with dye!?

So i was wondering how much roughly would the cost be to get these re-upholstered? Theres a couple places near me but i darent do the whole embarrassing " *surprised* o..... k.... i'll just have a think about that "

So does anyone have any experience with similar? Will the cost out weigh a pair of new buckets?

Cheers in advance...

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

Time to pull out your singer and stitch a new panel in?

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

Shauna

1043 Posts
Member #: 10424
Post Whore

Swansea boyo!

Upholstery is an expensive game, the MOT man put a small tear in the tegs alcantara seats getting in or out of the car last year and just for a repair it cost £250. I suppose it all depends really on the material because I'd imagine that's where the bulk of the money goes unless your having some mad stitching pattern put in!

For those of you that follow my Instagram and know about my old lady sofa that I absolutely love but it is absolutely hideous. I've put off getting a price to have that upholstered because I know it will be cheaper to buy a new one!

Edited by Shauna on 20th Feb, 2019.

They don't die, they just get faster!

Home > General Chat > Bucket seat upholstery cost?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: