Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Trigger wheels megajolt kit and add ons

Pete B

80 Posts
Member #: 11548
Advanced Member

Calne Wiltshire

Planning on buying a complete megajolt kit from trigger wheels and was wondering if anyone has used the wiring harness kit that they sell is it worth £95 I am not great with wiring but have mates that are so they can sort it for me also is worth getting the tacho wiring for the rev counter just using the original in the triple clocks. Thanks Pete

Turbocod

21 Posts
Member #: 11807

Just installed one, very easy, bought but didn't need the tacho driver, my clocks are wired to the edis unit for rev counter. And its only about 4 wires on mj unit itself. Even the pack of wire was overkill.
I put edis and mj unit under dash, ran 3 core flex to coil pack on inner wing, and coax out to pickup sensor, they connect to edis, then its just + supply, earth and 2 wires to the edis from memory. Silicon hose connected manifold to megajolt.
I did encounter a problem with when you turn the key off, the ignition warning lamp gave a feedback voltage which would keep the car running, rectified it with a diode on the back of the dashboard supply to lamp.

Turbocod

21 Posts
Member #: 11807

Thinking about doing it was worse than actually having a go.

Pete B

80 Posts
Member #: 11548
Advanced Member

Calne Wiltshire

Thanks for the info will spend the extra money elsewhere in that case then Thanks Pete

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Trigger wheels megajolt kit and add ons
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: