Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Supercharger and fuel pooling

Turbocod

21 Posts
Member #: 11807

Hi, finally got the car drivable it's been in the garage since Christmas!
It's a 998 with supercharger and megajolt. Programmed a map yesterday and its running pretty well.
I'm getting fuel pooling at the carb to Inlet pipe on idle, and its soaking the gasket.
If I tapped in to the bottom of the pipe and connected a vacuum hose there and to the vac inlet of supercharger, would this help alleviate it?
I know my inlet isn't the Best as its quite long and places the carb at front left of bay, but I do have another one that I have to mod and fit to place carb higher and less angular.
Any input appreciated, know you guys are helpful unlike the polo forum I've been on for my sons first car where basically got answer of 'why bother' when asking what parts fit from other cars as upgrades!!
Cheers Dave

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

I presume this is the vmax style kit? If so I think there are some fixes that people have put in place, the heated inlet manifold seems to help. I have seen it where the manifold has been double skinned and then water run through it, or more simple setups where the copper pipe has been wound around the manifold.
There are a few threads on the miniforum that have discussed it, but it’s been a while.

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

If you look at the new vmax kit they don’t use that design anymore any have opted to used a short manifold with a Webber carb directly onto the side of the manifold.

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

slater

1030 Posts
Member #: 1291
Post Whore

Suffolk / Birmingham

Yeh. Heat it. Carb closer to the blower or possibly make the tube smaller diameter although that has obvious disadvantages too.

Turbocod

21 Posts
Member #: 11807

Was considering a coiled pipe around the inlet, did have the heater block, but as no room for it I sold it! Have also talked to a guy who used heatsoak from bolting the inlet to the head to help situation.
My inlet tract is too long, and so probably worse, will get round to new one at some point.
Had vmax setup on minor years ago, but su was on back of the s/c similar to current weber kit available.
Mine has been assembled from many parts, vmax, tck, and custom bits, but unsure as to origin of manifold. Cheers

dazibee

553 Posts
Member #: 1356
Post Whore

TRURO, CORNWALL

I think Vmax was heating the inlet to stop the carb icing up.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Supercharger and fuel pooling
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: