Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Running lean on acceleration

Steve220

240 Posts
Member #: 11017

Shropshire

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get my head around EFI tuning. My car is running rich on acceleration and (anything between 10.8 and 11.5) and on cruise (around 11.8-12.3), i did a bit of live mapping today and took some fuel out of the table in the cells where it was on cruise, and a tiny bit out of acceleration. Now the car is around 14.2-14.8 on cruise and in the low 13's for acceleration however i've discoverd something since doing it - as i put my foot slowly down on the accelerator, it initially dips into the 15's and 16's for a second then goes rich again. Is there usually a table to cater for the inital acceleration? As the acceleration table changes don't appear to alter it.

SXTune, D400 ECU.

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

I'm not familiar with the SC setup and software but on most ECUs you should have a choice of TPS or MAP based AE and a choice of how much of each to use.

On the MS2 with the firmware I use, you get two separate tables for the AE adder, one for TPSdot (rate of change of TPS) and one for MAPdot (rate of change of MAP) and you select how much percentage of the overall control you want each of the tables to have.

But if you are experiencing the issue with very slow throttle opening it doesn't really sound like an AE issue (because TPSdot and MAPdot will be so low that little or no AE will be added), more like a basic fuel value in those cells issue, and being hidden by excess AE when you open the throttle fast.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

dazibee

553 Posts
Member #: 1356
Post Whore

TRURO, CORNWALL

My gauge shows lean momentarily when i change gear or plant the throttle. SC setup. It isnt hesitating. Im wondering if the wideband has a little bit of latency before it catches up?

Steve220

240 Posts

Shropshire

Chris at EFI Parts sorted it for me in the end :) nice healthy (non detting) 150lbft @ 4500rpm

murty

3 Posts
Member #: 12208

On 16th Aug, 2019 Steve220 said:
Chris at EFI Parts sorted it for me in the end :) nice healthy (non detting) 150lbft @ 4500rpm

Hi Steve,
Digging up your old thread. Do you know how your tuner fixed this issue?

Thanks,
Paul.

Steve220

240 Posts

Shropshire

AE - Acceleration enrichment table.

murty

3 Posts

Thanks Steve.

I will persist with the AE table but as you had originally stated changing this doesn't seem to change things a great deal.

Do you know how much he changed things (assuming you still have the setup in your car)?

Steve220

240 Posts

Shropshire

Sadly not. My D400 went in the bin last month.

murty

3 Posts

No problem. I have half a mind to do the same.

Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Running lean on acceleration
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: