Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Track, Drag & Race > Fastest street driven A series?

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

On 21st Jul, 2020 steve1275 said:
Went to the Pod yesterday with the slicks swopped for 888s, so sort of street tyre, and ran a best of 11.9/114 and 1.7 60ft. Well pleased. *Cloud 9*

Excellent mate, well done
Once Simon stops playing about on low boost he should see some 11s runs too *happy**happy*

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

steve1275

849 Posts
Member #: 951
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

Cheers Brett, yes I gather it will be next year before the Simon beast is revealed *evil* *hehe!*

'Where does the engine go?'

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

Latest dyno results gave 215 bhp, then 277 bhp with NOS, and 288 lbf. ft. torque. Power held up well beyond 6500 although peak was 6100. I'm using an Avonbar PH1 cam supplied by Ian Hargreaves and although it loses some low speed grunt it does exactly what want on the strip, running between 4 and 7000 revs

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

well done steve ...what boost ?

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

madmk1

5417 Posts
Member #: 6181
Double hard bastard

brookwood woking

Well in mate 👌👌👌

Always pushing forward 🤘😎🤘

On 9th Jun, 2021 steve1275 said:
Latest dyno results gave 215 bhp, then 277 bhp with NOS, and 288 lbf. ft. torque. Power held up well beyond 6500 although peak was 6100. I'm using an Avonbar PH1 cam supplied by Ian Hargreaves and although it loses some low speed grunt it does exactly what want on the strip, running between 4 and 7000 revs

I have started posting on Instagram also my name on there is turbomk1golf

Nothing is impossible it just costs more and takes longer.

On 1st Nov, 2007 Ben H said:
There is no such thing as 'insignificant weight saving', it all adds up.

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

Boost was around 20/21 psi. When I tried a bit more the dump valve started leaking, now have a stronger spring on the way. Hopefully with that installed I can tweak the boost to about 23 and hit the magic 300 bhp. Don't think the transmission will take any more.

robert

6743 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

Have you considered not running a dump valve steve ?

The theory being , if you change gear fast enough the back flow is not enough to kill the compressor , and the wheel speed on the turbo will not drop ,and so you get a big jump in torque on the next gear ...

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

Interesting theory Robert, could it damage the turbo if I shift too slowly? My shifting is not the best, combination of old age and excess of mechanical sympathy.. *crying*

Edited by steve1275 on 10th Jun, 2021.

robert

6743 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

i am not sure .*smiley*

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Practice your gearchanging Steve !!
Robert, I was past your house on Sunday on my way to Pinnocks farm to view an MG Midget but was not sure if you were here or across the pond

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Practice your gearchanging Steve !!
Robert, I was past your house on Sunday on my way to Pinnocks farm to view an MG Midget but was not sure if you were here or across the pond

robert

6743 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

yup i am here !

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

So back to the Pod yesterday, managed a new PB 11.85 @ 114.7, off a 1.71 60 ft. Car felt good, but there is more to come, as i need to launch the car better. I moved the intake temp sensor to the engine side of the NOS injector, previously I saw 60C , now 20C, significant cooling effect.

robert

6743 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

excellent well done steve .

e5tus

428 Posts
Member #: 10128

Dorset

I bet it was a little toasty in the nomex! Great result, congratulations.

Edited by e5tus on 20th Jul, 2021.

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

Superb!

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

Thanks guys, and yes it was a little toasty at times. I picked up a high speed misfire which I suspect was heat related.

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

So a stronger dump valve spring resulted in more power, and I practiced gear changing as instructed. Went back to the Pod yesterday and ran 11.78 at 115.3, so well pleased with that. *Cloud 9*

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

Hmm, took the head off and found this. Bit of detonation in no 1 methinks. Although I've been running higher boost this year I'm also using MS109 race fuel, and if the det was happening all the time I feel the damage would be worse. However I did run out of fuel half way up the strip once, and also did a couple of runs on pump fuel. The ali scraped off the bore quite easily, and although I can see scuffing on the top land, the ring appears to be OK. Thoughts?

Attachments:

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

melted piston, too lean

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

Do you think that was caused by the car leaning out when I ran out of fuel? Normal AEM reading is around 12 on the strip.

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

So, back to the Pod last Monday, lovely day for it, ran 11.72 at 115.66 off a 1.68 60ft. Dump valve ok now I've realised that the MS109 fuel gets into it when i'm using NOS and this caused big wear and sticking of the piston if not cleaned out. I flush the rest of the system anyway.

Home > Track, Drag & Race > Fastest street driven A series?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: