Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Beginners Tech > Engine builders?

Malc_west

6 Posts
Member #: 12001

Hi,
Looking to have a turbo engine built and I'm wondering how it works? if I wanted to commission a engine build where I could talk to the builder about how too achieve the required spec and then stock pile the required parts before sending them and the engine off to be worked on. Or does it not work like that.
Who do you guys use for engine builds? Or do you build yourselves and out source the machining work required
Cheers guys

shane

2619 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

Most of the big names MED, Minisport, Swiftune could help.
There are smaller outfits like The Car Kitchen or crafted classics which I'm sure some on here will vouch for.
Alternatively, you brew up, sit down, smash the fu@@ out of the search button and have a go yourself, a lot of the guys here will self build with some truly outstanding results.
There is a massive wealth of knowledge on this site, and some of the members have continually pushed boundaries of the A series and openly shared their learnings.

Shane

monsterob

264 Posts
Member #: 11029

Crewe

I did a bit of both .... I have a very knowledgeable member of my local mini club who is very very good at assembling a series.

So I read read read this forum gathered the parts and had the machining done at my local place and had my friend assemble it for me as this worked best for both of us me with limited time due to shifts and 3 kids and him earning a crust doing this for a living. He's just finished his own 7 port build did mine and is waiting for the next sc k head to be finished by SC before he assembles that for another member of the club

Outside the box

Andy500

869 Posts
Member #: 2443
Post Whore

Cheshire

Benross on here carries a very good reputation and would be my first point of call for any engine building

Malc_west

6 Posts
Member #: 12001

Cheers lads, I currently in the heavy research period taking in all I can from here so I start to feel like I have a small clue

Shepster80

11 Posts
Member #: 12100

Can anyone forward me ben Ross details for a complete engine rebuild please?

shane

2619 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

PM Sent

Shane

Home > Beginners Tech > Engine builders?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: