Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Verto flywheel machining specs

autocomman

6 Posts
Member #: 10673

I have a verto clutch on the 82 998. The flywheel needs to be machined before it gets a new clutch, does anyone have specs on machining? Most Important thing being the depth of the friction surface from the pressure plate mounting surface.

Mark

shane

2619 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

If removing material from the friction surface the same amount should be removed from the mounting posts (pressure plate mounts) to keep the operating geometry/characteristic the same.
Unless it’s an RTS your building then some fettling of post heights is required to get the springs sat in a more optimum position.

Shane

autocomman

6 Posts

Yeah, pretty standard procedure. I've usually had access to the spec to be sure the friction surface isn't worn too far down, but that info isn't result available in the states heh.

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Can you not just measure it of the outer edge that’s not worn/damaged and use that as your datum point. Get the post height etc.

autocomman

6 Posts

Yeah, I actually finally took a good look at it, there is pretty much no groove where the disk was, so what ever they take off the friction surface then can machine off the mounting surface

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Verto flywheel machining specs
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: