Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Lightweight trolley jacks

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

I have a Clarke 2 ton trolly jack that i have used for everything but it weights 37kg.

I need to be able to lift half our crv with a dry kerb weight of just shy of 1800kg, our 1500kg caravan and still be low enough to get under the mini.

Having smashed my knee i just cannot lift the clarke jack now, well not for the next 9ish months anyway. 2.5t jacks are around 25-27kg but Sealey and motamec sell 1.8t jacks that are around 20kg. would a 1.8t jack be pushing it for the CRV? I dont want to keep two jacks.

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

I bought one of these a while back, simply as I wanted a light jack to carry in the car, but most small jacks are just shite.

And lets face it...most of these alloy "lightweight" jacks...are bullshit as they're heavy as fuck lol

So I hunted for an alloy jack that was actually compact and lightweight, and this is it.

https://www.craigmoreonline.co.uk/sip-winnt...exoCdwkQAvD_BwE

Bahco also make one very similar that comes with a carry bag, although dimensionally it seemed to be a little bigger.

I just bought mine from a local tool place, they were able to get it in for me, similar price though.

I've used it for lifting the rear of my car, which would have around 850kg on the rear axle ( 1740kg total car weight ) without issue.
As it's a normal reach jack, it'd never fit under the front in any way to lift the entire front up to try a heavier weight.

But...I've left out the most important bit. It is light, at around 10kg. Like really light ! And seems pretty good quality. Better than any other alloy jack I've seen.....but it is light !
And the rubber pad on the jack is a good size too, which most do not have.

Edited by stevieturbo on 24th May, 2020.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

The Bahco one I mentioned for comparison.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bahco-1-5T-Alumini...sc=1&th=1&psc=1

Must admit...it looks better with their colour scheme. But the Winntec was lighter and slightly smaller and the aforementioned jack pad is better to have.
Although for travelling, the Bahco with it's carry bag may suit better, but I think it's also a little heavier. But not on the same scale as all the typical heavy alloy jacks.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

shane

2618 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

is an air jack an option?
Shane

Home > General Chat > Lightweight trolley jacks
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: