Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Metro Turbo Ignition Coil

Glun34

16 Posts
Member #: 11921

Does anyone know what the resistance of ignition coil on the metro turbo is?

I need to get a new one for my engine build and have been told it was 0.7-0.8 ohms, but want to check if this is correct?

shane

2618 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

Is the Metro ignition feed ballasted or non?
Shane

Glun34

16 Posts
Member #: 11921

I think it was 12V, 0.7ohms and non ballasted, but i'm not 100% sure.

Would be great if anyone out there thats had to get a coil could shed some light on the subject!

shane

2618 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

If there's an 12v supply to the coil its non ballasted.
Its been too many years since I messed round with a coil but I seem to remember the dark blue Haynes manual (if you have access to one) for the mini listed the resistance values for the coils, Im not at home currently to double check.
Shane

Streetscreamer

112 Posts
Member #: 10125
Advanced Member

Zoetermeer, The Netherlands

The coil for the electronic ignition is indeed having a resistance less than 1 Ohm. To know if your needs a 12V (non ballasted) or 9V (ballasted) type of coil could be sorted out by checking the wiring loom. If there is a wire from the startermotor coil to the + side of the ignition coil, then it is ballasted. The regular wire to the coil then has a certain resistance or a resistor block is in the circuit, having the 9V coil to work, and getting full 12V power suring starting.

metroturbo

806 Posts
Member #: 989
Post Whore

North Yorkshire

All metro turbos were unballasted as they were electronic ignition right from the start.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Metro Turbo Ignition Coil
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: