Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Servo

Amp

432 Posts
Member #: 7856

Essex

Evening all,

What is the opinion regarding the need for brake servo's on turbo minis? My plan is a turbo van with 7.9 Minisport vented on the front and Minifins on the rear. 10"s, naturally.

I am working from a bare shell so have no pedal box and am trying to determine what avenue to go down. I imagine many lose it for weight purposes but is it that noticeable to use it without?

Thanks

monsterob

264 Posts
Member #: 11029

Crewe

I had every intention of using one untill it got in the way of the boost pipework......... Yellow tag master rear line reducer cooper s discs up front minisport mjnifins up rear .........I hope it stops it it will be a while till I can say.

Alot comes down to pad material (or at least I hope ) but the amount of people on here using 10's I'd say there is a suitable solution

Outside the box

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

I went from S calipers that I felt needed a servo, to 4 pots on the same 7.5 discs, and eliminated the servo. Used M1144 pads in both.

I feel the S setup was too Heavy of a pedal without the servo, so became reliant on the servo, but the effort with the servo made for nice comfortable braking;

Switching to the 4-pots though, and the extra pad pressure created by the additional piston (53% more than the S piston IIRC) allows the 4-pots to work well.

The remote servo I used was a 1.9 boost.

I just feel like the pedal force is (now) more balanced to what I prefer. I also sold the s callipers and servo for more than I paid for the 4-pots. Which was nice.

Edited by TurboDave16V on 16th Jun, 2020.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

madaboutcherry

8 Posts
Member #: 11930

i'm 67 with a few health issues so in recent years I've needed a servo. I couldn't find room to to fit it with an intercooler so I've put it under the dash, just like the '60s works cars.

Home > General Chat > Servo
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: