Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Wheels suggestions

Barrieri

307 Posts
Member #: 11231

Hello All !

At the moment I'm thinking of buying a set of 10" Mambas for the Mini. I'm planning to run the wheels without arches. Do you have any idea (or perhaps photos) of how far the 5" and 6" Mambas stick out off the side (without arches).

Thanks !

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

The new 5" are risky poke with no arch, 6" is risky poke with std arches

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

Barrieri

307 Posts

Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm running front disk brakes and rear drums with built-in spacers. Does that still hold ? Or does it mean they will stick out even more ?

Also I read somewhere that the 6" might not clear the front of the mudguard when steering. This surely depends on ride height. But does that mean that I would need to raise the car to look like its going rallying for the wheels to clear ?

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

On 7th Aug, 2020 Barrieri said:
Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm running front disk brakes and rear drums with built-in spacers. Does that still hold ? Or does it mean they will stick out even more ?

Also I read somewhere that the 6" might not clear the front of the mudguard when steering. This surely depends on ride height. But does that mean that I would need to raise the car to look like its going rallying for the wheels to clear ?

6" will need the wings modified for clearance. I have mini special wheels, on drums at the front with a 165 tyre they just poked out. Now I've swapped the front to disks it has pushed them out a little more and ts set to standard height roughly and there is a little rubbing at full lock. And they poke out even more which might depend on the MOT tester or if I get pulled by the rozzas which copper I get on the day as to weather they let it slide or not.

Edited by hazpalmer on 7th Aug, 2020.

Barrieri

307 Posts

Thanks a lot for the feedback chaps. I think it would be best to go for the 5" then to make sure the wing is clear.

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Im pretty sure either way your going to need to trim the front arch and wing

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Wheels suggestions
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: