Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Just a general rant,,,,,

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

So this morning I took Anna (wife) for her pre-chemo blood test at our local surgery.

Because she's disabled (because of her cancer) she has a blue badge.

With the CV-19 thing the nurse usually comes out to the car park (they try to minimise people in the building) and she just phones when we arrive to be sure but I park in the disabled bay because it's wider so the nurse can open the passenger door fully to do the blood tests.

But this morning, despite the car park only being 2/3 full some woman in an Audi (well it would have to be an Audi or a BMW wouldn't it) just "parked" on the pavement beside us clearly marked as a pavement - and even when the nurse came out and couldn't open Anna's door fully, she just sat there as if she owned the place.

Unfortunately Anna's MPV only has front/rear dashcams so no side views of the nurse struggling to to do the bloods but here's the dashcam of us leaving - and me getting a filthy look because I think she finally realised I was recording her....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Hwg0Yr5aI

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

I hate drivers that are assholes by their obliviousness but this is actively being an asshole. Not only is she parked on the sidewalk, she doesn't care that she's being a nuisance.

That is infuriating.

http://www.jbperf.com/

monsterob

264 Posts
Member #: 11029

Crewe

Some people are so ignorant. Just hope karma gets her on the way home. I really didn't believe in all that karma bullshit but a few events recently have changed my opinion on it all.

Outside the box

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

what a cow definitely would have lost my shit can't stand people like that

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Cow bag!

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

theoneeyedlizard

7261 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Karma will eventually see to these tossers

In the 13's at last!.. Just

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

I have had a new perspective on how the disabled are treated this year.

We have been out and about in our caravan for the summer visiting 6 sites, I have had to use disabled facilities this year as I am recovering from a accident as i have had limited mobility and needed a grab rail.

Twice at a club site and once at a non club site I had to clear up after people had washed their dogs in the disabled showers......

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

Rod S

5988 Posts
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

On 8th Sep, 2020 wolfie said:
I have had a new perspective on how the disabled are treated this year.

We have been out and about in our caravan for the summer visiting 6 sites, I have had to use disabled facilities this year as I am recovering from a accident as i have had limited mobility and needed a grab rail.

Twice at a club site and once at a non club site I had to clear up after people had washed their dogs in the disabled showers......

Yes, the attitude of a lot of people only becomes obvious once you start to be affected by it.

I've obviously seen people without blue badges or any other similar authority just using disabled bays and until Anna's cancer returned as bone cancer with a fractured pelvis so she got the blue badge, and we bought an MPV which she paid for a wheelchair crane/hoist (which has hardly ever been used because of the CV-19 thing) this one really did piss me off.

This one, although we don't have side cameras on her MPV, her arrogance when she realises we've got a dashcam is just priceless.

But lack of side dashcams means I don't have the registration.

Rod S

5988 Posts
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Two weeks later, Anna's due for an additional blood test (normally they are 4 weeks apart) and guess what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNKJkzuY9ZY

Same Audi, this time parked on both the clearly marked footpath and half of the disabled bay so stopping us parking.

Plenty of spare parking spaces as the video shows but, no, Audi's are so privileged they can use footpaths, disabled bays, whatever they want.

Minimutly

17 Posts
Member #: 12076

Definately the class of people driving Audi's has gone downhill, personal finance has a lot to answer for. I have noticed Mercedes drivers are going the same way.....

DILLIGAF

166 Posts
Member #: 9128
Advanced Member

Get yourself a banger, then accidentally whilst trying to park in the Disabled bay scrap down the side of the Audi. Make sure you film it if she tries to claim the insurance company will just tell her where to go for parking there.

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Member #: 648
Post Whore

Northern Ireland (ex AUS)

I’ve tried not to get too annoyed at people on the road these days but it’s amazing how you can nearly predict people’s attitudes by the badge on their cars.

Can I be rude and suggest things have gotten worse in the past 5-10 years?

On 7th Nov, 2008 Nic said:
naeJ
m
!!!!!!sdrawkcab si gnihtyreve ?droabyekym ot deneppah sah tahw ayhwdd

Home > General Chat > Just a general rant,,,,,
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: