Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > A graph showing relationship between CR and Boost for various set ups / TE05 Saab Turbo

Elfturbo

116 Posts
Member #: 2576
Advanced Member

South Staffordshire

I seem to recall there been somewhere on here a graph showing what boost various forum members relative to CR and other variables such as if they had an intercooler fitted?

I have searched for it, to no avail...

Again, did I dream this, and do i need to cut down on eating cheese before i got to bed?

I am taking advantage of the rain and social distancing to crack on in the garage.

Starting to think about max boast it would be sensible to run.

I have a 1293 with 10 cc dished Omegas.

I am installing mega jolt, and a decent sized intercooler in the Riley Elf's Grill / bonnet opening.

It has under piston jets, thanks to Slater's help.

It is running an NA MG Metro cam and Cylinder head, that has benefited from having Turbo Phil breathe on it, the chambers have 24 cc in them.

I have gone crazy with the die grinder and opened up the exhaust manifold to match the inlet i acquired off Nick Shaw.

I am installing a TE05 turbo, as i have a few off the various Saab Turbos i have had. Having a relatively small turbine, it used to come on boost on the Saab at 1800 rpm and run out of puff at 5000 rpm. It can pump up to 22 PSI on a red boxed Saab.

The bonus of this turbo (apart from already having one) is it replaced the T3 on the Saab 900, so has T3 flanges - so bolts nicely in place of the T3 in the mini. The only challenge is mounting the Actuator on the clocked compressor housing.

Would welcome views on what boost i should run, keeping it real. I have calculated a static CR of 9.4 :1

I have straight cut drops and a four pin diff.

Cheers Hoss

HOSS

Elfturbo

116 Posts
Advanced Member

South Staffordshire

TE05

Attachments:

HOSS

Elfturbo

116 Posts
Advanced Member

South Staffordshire

Head

Attachments:

Edited by Elfturbo on 24th Oct, 2020.

HOSS

Elfturbo

116 Posts
Advanced Member

South Staffordshire

Engine

Attachments:

HOSS

Elfturbo

116 Posts
Advanced Member

South Staffordshire

Intercooler

Attachments:

HOSS

Mr Joshua

2484 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

I haven't checked but of the top of my head thats the standard CR for the metro turbo in which case run the ecu and keep it standard, if you don't have the ecu would say 10psi.

Own the day

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > A graph showing relationship between CR and Boost for various set ups / TE05 Saab Turbo
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: