Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > BoJo the clown and his circus troupe of scientific advisors.

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

CV-19

I'm surprised there isn't a thread already (unless I missed it) as there are on pretty much every other internet car related form.

I guess it comes up on other car forums because of the supposed restrictions on travel (ie, driving).

I've done less than 200 miles in my daily since mid March, three months SORN'd and then re-taxed just to collect Anna's cancer drugs (once a month) and three days ago to get it MOT'd. Otherwise I've just been driving her MPV once a month to go to collect her chemo.

And the latest "rules" from Dec 2nd onwards..... no-one around here obeys the current rules, we are in a very rural area, not a big city, no cases but we get lumped in with a major town which is where the workforce for a certain major turkey farm who all got infected so we are considered the same in our rural village.

The whole thing is a joke.

Not the virus itself, that is very real.

But the way BoJo the clown and his circus troupe of scientific advisors have handled it is the joke.

We are an island state/country with no land borders (apart from NI/Eire) to the rest of Europe or the world.

There are two other island states with a similar demograph of their population (ethnenticity, culture, religion etc.) who dealt with this properly. Well, OK, Australia did screw up the first few weeks (with the cruise ship thing) but quickly sorted it and New Zealand got it right from the start. Just google their reported deaths, NZ in particular.

The difference is fairly obvious - they shut their borders once this CV-19 thing started and here, after the first wave, BoJo the clown and his circus troupe of scientific advisors, said we should all go abroad on summer holidays, anywhere apart from the countries that were intelligent enough to not let non-nationals in.

You couldn't really make this up.

At least I've had lots of time in the garage and 200 miles worth of petrol instead of my normal 9000's worth for nine months which has certainly improved my bank balance.

And I'm getting to know all the delivery drivers from Tesco, Asda and Morrisons by their first names that do our area.

Rant over.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

Grass is always greener fella.
As Bad as you think it is, somewhere else is definitely worse off, and it’s probably going to get worse for everyone, before it gets better.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

yep rather be here than the states at the moment!

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

On 3rd Dec, 2020 Joe C said:
yep rather be here than the states at the moment!

You're right Joe.

Whilst BoJo the clown leads his comedy troupe of scientific advisors in the UK, the poor old USA has the circus master himself.

De-elected but refuses to believe it and thinks CV-19 is just some mild form of flu.....

OK, the USA is not an island state hence why I chose Aus and NZ as direct comparisons as they are island states like England/wales/Scotland and have very similar ethnic/social/cultural populations to ours.

Australia curranty reporting 908 deaths, New Zealand 25

UK....... as of today 60,617

For the Circus master himself, the USA total is so far 279,000

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Amp

432 Posts
Member #: 7856

Essex

Whilst I do not disagree with your sentiments Rod, I personally believe a high percentage of blame lies with the population too.

The mentality of "it wont kill me" and "I need to go to the pub to see my mates" is ridiculous in my eyes. Finding loopholes like the scotch egg as a substantial meal just fuels the epidemic. I empathize with the frustration, but I also see the 60,000 deaths and incompetent government guidance.

The media latch onto events like Dominic Cummings and run with that for weeks, but lets be honest, that doesn't matter. He knows what he did was wrong, he chanced it and got caught. What they should focus on is the lack of fines issues for not wearing masks on public transport, the fact that airlines just treat masks and social distancing as optional etc. The freedom of information requests from police forces for fines makes some interesting statistics.

I have been over cautious as I do not wish to contract it, as I assume you have done, however I feel we are in a minority, especially since Lockdown 2.0. I also find it miserable. Look outside, people just do not care anymore. Masks and social distancing are seen as an inconvenience as people seem to just be inherently selfish. Even floor markers seem to be hard to understand for the majority as I have seen. Closing borders would have slowed the influx, but I think it still would have spread, look at parts of Oldham where (allegedly) 1 in 11 people had it. Maybe my view from Essex is bias, more so as we are increasing numbers too, but I now have a much lower view of others now.

I agree, borders should have definitely be closed but if we cannot even stop migrants landing in Kent, what chance have they got of stopping official entry routes. Rather, they opted for a wishy-washy middle ground which has just left us struggling all round.

Boris & Co have their hands tied, they can't limit peoples freedom otherwise they are chastised, but if they let people continue as normal, they are chastised. What are they meant to do? Sure, they could have been much more efficient, but its a losing battle for whoever was in charge, i'm just grateful it wasn't Jeremy.

I respect the Asian culture of authority and discipline, and looking as their response and results it is hard to not see where they have it right. I think we as a nation should have just "taken one for the team" and been sensible, but as that cannot be policed, people push it and push it as for the majority, it isn't their problem if they catch it.

The 5 days of Christmas exemption should be fine too, as Covid respects the festivities and has agreed not to spread.

Please do not take the above personally, it is not intended that way :) I have a lot of respect for what you have given to this forum but think that the government are taking too much abuse for what is a wider societal issue.

Now that, is a rant *tongue*

Edited by Amp on 11th Dec, 2020.

Home > General Chat > BoJo the clown and his circus troupe of scientific advisors.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: