Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! >

e5tus

428 Posts
Member #: 10128

Dorset

Whilst on gardening leave in May 2017, I bagged a new job and fitted the cage. Made a new seat base and secured that bastard properly. Gave everything on the car a once over to avoid any further assumptions.

All ready for a return, and I broke my ankle playing 5-a-side.. So that was my summer screwed.

September at Wiscombe was my next event, I was looking forward to banking a clean run to get past the excitement of April’s event. That didn’t happen, I forgot to latch my bonnet and it came up on me just after the first corner. I got out and secured it, then pootled up the hill to get to the collection area, there was a crunch at the final hairpin. I got to the top and it wouldn’t come out of gear.

The event had a high level of attrition, my dad had an off which ripped the flip front off and smashed the windscreen, another mini in our club hit a tree and minimole23 got sideswiped and spun on the way home. Noooo, not the new force racing wheels! *surprised*

Managed to unload the car at home, dropped the oil…

Out came the lump, split the engine and box and gearset looked ok, crown and pinion had missing teeth, I could also see the main bearing was spilling out (you can kind of make it out in the terrible photo below). Figured the main bearing let go, allowed too much movement between crown and pinion, crunch.

At this point I assumed new bearing set, new crown and pinion (perfect time to change ratio) and rebuild in 2018..

Between new job, a couple of rounds of IVF, pregnancy, house move and arrival of our son, another change of jobs, we can fast forward to June 2019 with nothing but moving the parts of the mini from one house to another.

Home > Show Us Yours! >
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: