Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Low ratios for drop and crown gears

steveg3731

2 Posts
Member #: 10780

Adelaide

Hi all, just wondering what the thoughts are about Minispares/Minisport drop and crown gears.

I'm using 13" wheels for a hillclimb mini and normal turbo setup with a short stroke engine - so about 9000rpm max, but more likely 7500-8000

So grunt off the line is what I want, not top end and looking at 23/30/25 drops and 4.5 S/C crownwheel from Minispares. Are Minisport better - they have semi helical.

Have been told the lower ratios are not that strong - has anyone got an opinion.
4.5 from Minispares appears to be a 14/63
4.6 from Minisport a 12/56

Just want the strongest setup I can get - gearbox is clubman S/C

regards

Steve

shane

2618 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

I've ran Minispares gears for some years. abused from the off without issue.
Shane

minimole23

4300 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

Many people have destroyed lots of mini sport products over the years on here so that helps make that decision.

I would run whatever set up you need get the gearing down and accept that once in a while you may strip a pinion. A few of the hill climbers seem to with wide slicks now and again.

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

e5tus

428 Posts
Member #: 10128

Dorset

I don't think the 4.5 is available from Minispares at the moment. MED can do you a SC 4.5 for LSD. If you want semi-helical, swiftune do the Quaife ones, but don't think they go beyond 4.2

steveg3731

2 Posts
Member #: 10780

Adelaide

Thanks all for your thoughts - it's either MED or Minispares - MED only do a 4.2...

e5tus

428 Posts
Member #: 10128

Dorset

MED do a 4.5, does not seem to be on the website drop down, but we've had one before, give them a call

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Low ratios for drop and crown gears
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: