Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Turbo 998 ( first timer working on minis and first time turbocharging)

Willpill20

3 Posts
Member #: 12122

Hi , I’m new to minis and new to turbochargers , Im only in my teens but the plan originally was to have it as my first car but that has changed as i want to turbo it and make it the best engine possible, I’ve got flat top pistons and I heard that I need dished ones ? Is there a way that I can do this with flat top ones as my dad would go nuts if I sold these as he got them for me for Christmas last year (unless there is someone that is the uk that has brand new dished plus 60 998 pistons and don’t mind swapping) if I used the flat top pistons could I use a decompression plate and the 12g295 head but one that has never been skimmed down ? A lot of people use the 12g940 but I don’t want to pocket my block as nobody local to me can do it and I’ve got flat top pistons so I don’t think it will be possible with the 12g940 head. I was gonna use the kc500 cam but if any experts on here think something else let me know . Also let me know what you think about the whole thing and let me know if there any specific parts that I need for this ultimate 998 turbo engine .
Thanks

Willpill20

3 Posts

I was also gonna use speical components fuel injection kit and I was wondering if a 7 port head will work with twin throttle body’s.
Let me know

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

Doesn't matter what the piston top is designed like as long as you can achieve your desired compression ratio.

But for boost, actual piston design is more important than what the top looks like.

And you can use any head. But for an "ultimate 998" engine, I'd probably be going a bit further.

And any head could work with "twin throttle bodies", whatever that term means to you. With a 4 port intake head, you could have 1, 2, or 4 throttle bodies if you really wished.

Although old, and doesn't cover injection etc so much, most other things are still valid.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tuning-Engine-Defi...y/dp/1859606202

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Willpill20

3 Posts

I have been told if I have got this correct , that if I used the 12g295 head that has never been skimmed down , take 3cc or metal out of the chambers then I will have the correct cr . Correct me if I’m wrong

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

On 2nd Apr, 2021 Willpill20 said:
I have been told if I have got this correct , that if I used the 12g295 head that has never been skimmed down , take 3cc or metal out of the chambers then I will have the correct cr . Correct me if I’m wrong

I have no idea what your "correct CR" is.

Everyones will be different depending on application, goals etc.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Turbo 998 ( first timer working on minis and first time turbocharging)
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: