Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Technical Chat > Wanted turbo mini metro parts wanted

TrevorG

13 Posts
Member #: 12129

Northern Ireland

So I've got a bare metro turbo engine for my restoration.

I'm going plus 20 with omega 15cc deep dish pistons and metro 1300 cam, and nitride crank.

I need lots of parts though, help or suggestions appreciated..

Hif44 turbo carb
Turbo inlet plenum montego one is nicest but any hif44 match
Inlet manifold for hif44 not sure if turbo is diff?
Exhaust manifold
Fuel pump
Fuel reg
Exhaust suggestions I see stage 2 tuning kits with exhausts but they are for 1275 or 1293 n a. Not sure how they rate for turbo engines.

Has anyone any used turbos for sale either t3 or gt1752 I may have a gt2052 here has anyone tried this?

I was told that I should aim for a 3.1 not a 3.6 final drive
The turbo final drive was meant to be short.

I might be changing to straight cut main gear I think its called but I'd anyone has better gear ratio suggestions a turbo a series let me know

I have also tried the services link but the turbo minis services are stopped at the moment. Can someone suggest who next I should contact for head work like valve seats, valves, guides etc.

Many thanks. I'm sure there will be more..
I do have some spare mg metro parts on my parts car (except engine) if anyone needs something.

If you don't own one you will never understand....

Jrd_bt

1 Posts
Member #: 12137

Hi mate

I got a t3 turbo with the manifold, down pipe and the Goodrich oil line. (You’ll need the maniflow down pipe clamp and t-piece for the oil)

Looking for £400 collected from bristol ideally. Open to offers

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

Turbo inlet is different. You need one that will clear which ever exhaust manifold you're using. Exhaust wise any 2" system will be good. Turbo wise the T3 is quite old tech now not that it won't do the job. The GT1752 is a nice modern alternative and is good for 200hp. Metro turbo final drive is 3.2 diff ratio depends on what you what the car for. I'm using a 2.9 some use a 3.1,3.2 or 3.44

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

Turbo inlet is different. You need one that will clear which ever exhaust manifold you're using. Exhaust wise any 2" system will be good. Turbo wise the T3 is quite old tech now not that it won't do the job. The GT1752 is a nice modern alternative and is good for 200hp. Metro turbo final drive is 3.2 diff ratio depends on what you what the car for. I'm using a 2.9 some use a 3.1,3.2 or 3.44

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

Really....you'd be better getting one of the fabricated turbo manifolds that allows a small turbo without the cutting of the bulkhead.
And it kills two birds with one stone I believe as it then allows a normal inlet manifold to be used ?

As others say, any decent exhaust will be fine...RC40 if they still exist these days etc.

As for diff, if you're on 10" wheels I'd say a 2.9 or 3.1 is essential.

If say 13" wheels, depending on use 3.2 may well be fine.

Fuel pump, any decent efi pump will be fine, depends whether you're doing in tank, in-line, other and what fittings etc.
And new FPR's are available from FSE, so just use the typical Malpassi type as per OEM metro and many other turbo vehicles of the era.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

TrevorG

13 Posts

Northern Ireland

Thanks so much for advice.
As its for a metro turbo it will not have an issue I'm aware of with the downpipe touching the firewall.

Jrd_bt thanks for ur offer I have pm'd you directly.

If I bought the normal t3 turbo and ex manifold, does it need a special inlet manifold or will a normal. Metro one do with the turbo plenum and hif44?

TrevorG

13 Posts

Northern Ireland

Sorry when I asked about inlet manifold would a lcb manifold work like a fletcher one.
I see ones like this for sale
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284335401925

The port attachment and spacing appears the same.
Sorry if this is a crazy question I think this looks the same to the untamed eye...

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

If you use a metro turbo exhaust manifold, you must use the metro turbo inlet manifold.

The exhaust manifold will be in the way of any normal inlet manifold.

That ebay link will not fit with a factory metro turbo exhaust manifold.

Edited by stevieturbo on 20th Jun, 2021.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

TrevorG

13 Posts

Northern Ireland

Thanks. Much appreciated. I've just bought original metro one now and I can get original t3 exhaust manifold soon as one comes up.

Home > Technical Chat > Wanted turbo mini metro parts wanted
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: