Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Water Temp Sensor Adaptor Help

t@z

2054 Posts
Member #: 452
Post Whore

Chester, UK

Bit of a long shot call for help. Don't mind paying beer/cash

The other day I was flushing the water out of my block as it was rusty as fuck however when taking out the temp sender this happened *oh well*.

The problem here is that apparently trying to source a 5/8" UNF (m) > 1/4 NPT (f) is practically impossible, at least this is my experience so far. The one that snapped we made.

I contacted Davies Craig and they found it all very confusing that I couldn't couldn't find said adaptor and while they couldn't provide me with a sensor with a more usable thread patten they did share the resistance chart, albeit some of the sensors I've looked at seem way out!

As I now don't have access to my friends workshop as he has now left the company (selfish bastard!) and I am 200+ miles away I am a bit stuck, so left with what I think are 3 options.

Option 1. Does anyone have a lathe that they can magic me something up on?
Option 2. I've ordered an 5/8"UNF > -8AN fitting as well as an 3/8 NPT (m) > 1/4 NPT (f) fitting that I am thinking could be cut and welded together to make the necessary adaptor.
Option 3. If anyone knows of a sensor.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Attachments:

www.twitter.com/lilpinkiy

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

Not sure what you actually need here ?

Is your sensor 5/8, or 1/4 ?

If the sensor is smaller, just get a larger bung and drill and tap it to suit the smaller thread.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

t@z

2054 Posts
Member #: 452
Post Whore

Chester, UK

On 3rd Jun, 2021 stevieturbo said:
Not sure what you actually need here ?

Is your sensor 5/8, or 1/4 ?

If the sensor is smaller, just get a larger bung and drill and tap it to suit the smaller thread.

Sorry, the standard mini temp sensor thread is 5/8" UNF i assumed this was a known thing so my bad, the new sensor is 1/4 NPT

Problem is the senor and mini head thread are almost mm identical once the threads are in so i am thinking if i get to close again the same might happen. So i am thinking i need to have a bigger top on the end of the adaptor the sensor will go into so they the thread dont overlap. Not sure if explaining to well :/

I mean i could create what i did last time from an ebay or MS adaptor but the same will happen.

Maybe it is a case i make it to be disposable lol

Edited by t@z on 3rd Jun, 2021.

www.twitter.com/lilpinkiy

shane

2619 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

How soon do you need it?
I made one for another member a few months back, got a lot on at the moment but if its not urgent I can make another.
http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=620668
Shane

Edited by shane on 3rd Jun, 2021.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Water Temp Sensor Adaptor Help
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: