Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > What’s needed to get your mini back on the road and why haven’t you done it?

Shauna

1043 Posts
Member #: 10424
Post Whore

Swansea boyo!

This!
We massively stepped away from minis not long after buying our house four years and tens of thousands of pounds renovating later I then made a terrible mistake buying an old civic which is now likely to be written off after a lady went in to the side of it not long ago!
Mini wise though we have started chipping away at it since about April this year, hopefully the bulk of the body work will be finished by the end of this year (THOUSANDZZZZZ more pounds in panels.. I do understand reshells now haha)
Been struggling for a while to get anyone to do machine work! But all being well he should be ready and rolling next summer.. Or at least out once before the frost next winter 😂

On 2nd Aug, 2021 madmk1 said:
How long is a bit of string 😂

They don't die, they just get faster!

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

I can now say mine is on the road! MOT, taxed and insured!! First time in 8 years. I'm that 8 years there was 5 house moves, 2 kids and an attempted theft though

mattsmadmini

118 Posts
Member #: 9965
Advanced Member

Sydney, Australia!

oh boy.

Finally got around to getting the car running last week, but still has a slight miss under throttle.

specs: gt17 on an 1153 running megajolt with a hyundai excel coil pack.

Have good fuel supply, have good spark.

No idea why it has a miss.

Maybe i just dont look at it for another few months...

“A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.” - Jeremy Clarkson

mattsmadmini

118 Posts
Member #: 9965
Advanced Member

Sydney, Australia!

On 23rd Nov, 2021 mattsmadmini said:
oh boy.

Finally got around to getting the car running last week, but still has a slight miss under throttle.

specs: gt17 on an 1153 running megajolt with a hyundai excel coil pack.

Have good fuel supply, have good spark.

No idea why it has a miss.

Maybe i just dont look at it for another few months...

Turns out it was a massive air leak/crap build up in the HIF. Will be rekitting this weekend using Toms OG 2004 circa build guide.

Now to get all the other crap done -fluids, brakes, clutch, etc.

“A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.” - Jeremy Clarkson

e5tus

428 Posts
Member #: 10128

Dorset

On 1st Sep, 2022 mattsmadmini said:

Turns out it was a massive air leak/crap build up in the HIF. Will be rekitting this weekend using Toms OG 2004 circa build guide.

That guide is great. The HIF is a decent but fussy carb, if you go through everything on it, you'll be golden

Mr Joshua

2484 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

Doing a new full rebuild undecided weather to go for a steel flip front with body kit or buy the Fortec race moulded front.

Own the day

e5tus

428 Posts
Member #: 10128

Dorset

The Fortech kit is real marmite, but don't see many of them about. Our Fortech front was chuffing heavy

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

had a hard time understanding the ecu and how to set it up to be honest

lost motivation really

runs although just really shitty

looking back i should fix up some things build wise and re do the wiring harness to a much better standard

should get back going on it or sell it in parts kinda a waste to just sit in the garage

Mr Joshua

2484 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

So still undecided about the front end. But decided to look at the floor. Nothing had gone through but because the corrosion was in several areas I've decided to replace full inner and outer sills both sides.

Own the day

Home > General Chat > What’s needed to get your mini back on the road and why haven’t you done it?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: