Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Did I just cook my 1144 pads?

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

I was being daft having some fun, and braked hard from 90+ down to like 20 as hard as I’ve ever done before; then the brakes started juddering just before I let off, and juddered the next (light) application. I gingerly drove back home, no more juddering, but it was concerning.

Pulled the pads off, and they are a bit odd; there is a glazed oval on the pad face. One of the pads almost looks like it’s lifted off the backplate, and one brake disc surface appears to be glazed? Also, the bright rust colour of the discs is suggesting to me these got a little too hot?

What you guys think?
Minispares 4 pots, 7.5 grooved discs, 5.1 fluid.

Edited by TurboDave16V on 18th Sep, 2021.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

I think its more like material pick up off the disc surface.

De glaze both discs and pads and put it all back and see how it is.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

how old are they ? and what sort of environment have they lived ?

I've gone through a fair number of pads in my car over the last few years...and almost all because the pad has fell apart.

I've seen it on quite a few pads on other cars too. Initially Ferodo DS2500's, and I had put it down to car sitting outside, getting used in winter and not used very often, perhaps damp in the pads froze and broke the material.

But as I've now seen it on a few different makes, vehicles and some stored well...haven't a damn clue.

A couple of years ago I actually stopped using various aggressive race type pads and moved back to 1144's as hoped they'd be a more simple and stable pad for most road use, despite the potential braking needs.

In short....it happens a lot, on different pads...and no idea why. Pads are a consumable for sure.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Give them a clean up.

I didn’t rate the 1144 on a mini. We’re garbage on track and cooked way to easily.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Did I just cook my 1144 pads?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: