Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Thinking of going turbo

A1111j

22 Posts
Member #: 12187

Hi guys I am doing a full restoration on my mini and I am the point of doing the engine and gearbox. I have a couple question about turboing it.

This is my spec so far
1330 block (at the machine shop getting rebored)
Kent 266 cam kit
Pre verto clutch with X pin
Minispares mse6 head

1. What sort of bhp/torque can you run for the gearbox to be reliable? This car is going to be my daily drive I don't want to have to rebuild the box regularly. I don't really want to have to go sc drops as they are too noisy.

2.What pistons would you recommend? And are 12g441 conrods good enough for the job?

Any help would be much appreciated
AJ

monsterob

264 Posts
Member #: 11029

Crewe

Have a good search around all of the answers to your questions will have been answered already.

low power - con rods will be fine im using standard ones. I think the std gearbox can take up o around 130 ponies

Pistons i am using cast dished omegas - but yo need to research compression ratios as thats where i would start as its the fundamental for the rest of the build.

search is in the menu at the RH *Clapping*

Outside the box

Steve220

242 Posts
Member #: 11017

Shropshire

On 5th Dec, 2021 monsterob said:
Have a good search around all of the answers to your questions will have been answered already.

low power - con rods will be fine im using standard ones. I think the std gearbox can take up o around 130 ponies

Pistons i am using cast dished omegas - but yo need to research compression ratios as thats where i would start as its the fundamental for the rest of the build.

search is in the menu at the RH *Clapping*

A+ rods will take north of 200bhp.

A1111j

22 Posts

Great thank you guys for all the help. There is alot of info on this website and some of it is confusing to be honest. All I'm trying to find out now is what compression ratio/boost do I need to run to gain 120bhp.

hazpalmer627

10 Posts
Member #: 12185

Metro turbo was 9.4:1 if I remember correctly can could be safely pushed to 110. I'd you're wanting a 120hp I wouldn't go too low and be sure to fit an intercooler

shane

2619 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

If your aiming for more power in the future (as most people end up doing) try to cover all bases at an early stage to save revisiting and inevitably doing things twice.

Shane

A1111j

22 Posts

Max I'll be going for is 130bhp

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Thinking of going turbo
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: