Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > See -thru intercooler.

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

This is pretty interesting.

https://youtu.be/4yNjsVAq0I0

Proof that square tanks, and pipes offset to one side, do work Not perfect maybe, but clearly they aren’t as terrible as many of us believed.

That said, just turn it off at 9:00 or your head will explode when the guy continues jabbering… *smiley*

Edited by TurboDave16V on 4th May, 2022.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

thanks Dave , that was interesting .

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

This popped up as a suggested video on YouTube for me the other day.
I’ve got it saved but am yet to watch it.

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

He does do some cool stuff to be fair.

I keep trying to get Richard Holdener to do a dyno test with some boost pipes, and just adding 90deg bends together until power really takes a hit.
Just to see how bad boost plumbing needs to be before it really is terrible.

Although effect on boost...and off boost performance would probably be quite different

I'd sooner want a good quality core and perhaps less than ideal end tanks, than very ice end tanks, and a poor quality core. But then it also depends how much airflow and cooling is actually needed.

Most of the generic Chinese cores people use these days, the end tanks are very small and poorly designed, but they do still work to a point.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

e5tus

428 Posts
Member #: 10128

Dorset

I was dubious a few seconds in, but quite insightful. I've always thought my IC connections were sub par, I'd still like to make my own end tanks once my TIG skills are better. Temp readings were interesting

Mr Joshua

2484 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

Here is a thought, why are radiators and intercoolers black and not white or as in the video left plain?

Own the day

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

Most are just bare aluminium.

Cost and manufacture reasons. And it would be incredibly difficult to coat the internal "gills" of a radiator with a colouring that would not impede performance.

Although a light coat of black paint largely for cosmetic reasons would no no harm, and yes potentially may help heat dissipation....assuming it is thin enough not to block anything.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > See -thru intercooler.
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: