Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Oil jets

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

Anyone have an idiots guide to fitting them? location pictures ect. I know Phil had a good guide but it seems to have been taken down.

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

shane

2619 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

This is dependant on tools you have available.

For mine I used my mill;

Turned 2 dowel to insert into the oil gallery at either end to allow me to align the gallery with the mill bed axis.
Then used a centre finder to pick up the centre of the gallery off of the dowels.
Slot mill used to make a flat for the jet to seal against, do not go too deep as you risk the nozzle contacting the piton skirt when installed.
3mm drill down to break through to the gallery being cautious when breaking through not to break the drill.
Drill and tap for the jet being used, in my case BMW and IRC M8x1mm.
I made a tapping fixture clamped off of the gearbox mating flange to ensure the threads where square.
Decent clean of the block after.
When assembling the jets use an appropriate grade of thread lock.

If you require them I made an abour to extent the reach of the drill bit and as I mentioned the tapping fixture.

The above can be done on a pillar drill but picking up the gallery is less precise.

Hope this helps.
Shane

Attachments:

Mr Joshua

2486 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

Done mine on a pillar drill not pretty but effective.

Word of advice align where you are going to place the jet with crank and rods fitted so that the main caps miss the jets.

Own the day

wilsonc001

45 Posts
Member #: 11333

On 6th Jul, 2022 shane said:

I'm just having another small bore block worked up for the next run for more power, the topic of which jets to use is an open point at the moment - I don't suppose you know a part number for those? They look like a good option.

Edited by wilsonc001 on 10th Jul, 2022.

shane

2619 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

BMW part No 11 11 1 739 907, these are the oil jets with the ball and spring within but for the life of me I cannot remember at what pressure they lift. These where the more favourable jets over the Zetec ones which I believe are just a nozzle.

Shane

On 10th Jul, 2022 wilsonc001 said:

On 6th Jul, 2022 shane said:

I'm just having another small bore block worked up for the next run for more power, the topic of which jets to use is an open point at the moment - I don't suppose you know a part number for those? They look like a good option.

Edited by shane on 11th Jul, 2022.

Mr Joshua

2486 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

I have M3 Jets fitted and they open at 50psi

Own the day

wilsonc001

45 Posts
Member #: 11333

On 10th Jul, 2022 shane said:
BMW part No 11 11 1 739 907, these are the oil jets with the ball and spring within but for the life of me I cannot remember at what pressure they lift. These where the more favourable jets over the Zetec ones which I believe are just a nozzle.

Great, thanks for that!

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Oil jets
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: