Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Beginners Tech > Engine Breathers for Supercharger Build

JonnyAlpha

28 Posts
Member #: 12124

South West

Hi,

Just looking for some clarity on a suitable Engine Breathing system for a supercharged engine.
I have removed the stock Timing Cover breather / separator due to the addition of a Twin Belt Vmaxcart Alloy pulley required to drive a Supercharger.

Current plan is:
Fit 3 x AN10 weld on fittings into the Rocker Cover.
Fit a DSN 5/8" take off on the Transfer Case routed into the Rocker Cover
Fit an AN10 male onto the back side of the Timing Plate, routed into the Rocker Cover.
Run a hose from the last AN10 fitting on the rocker cover into a catch tank mounting location TBC

Alternative option is to omit the take off on the back on the Timing Plate and fit one where the Fuel Pump would normally be (running an electronic fuel pump) and run that to the rocker cover.

Other option is to omit the rear Timing Plate / Fuel pump take off and just run the Transfer Case take off into the rocker and the the rocker to a catch tank?

What are anybody's thoughts on the above options?

Current Engine Spec:
AC RS Cam
Stock 1.21 Rockers - may eventually get zero tolerance 1.28 or 1.3
Hepolite 8cc dished pistons
Deck Height 0.0045"
CR 9.75:1
Duplex Timing Gear and Chain
Offset Woodruff Key
Head ported and chambered by me with help from Keith Calver with some input from AC Dodd and Turbo Phil Dawe.
Metro Electronic Ignition (Not yet recurved) - switching to Speeduino Wasted Spark shortly
HIF 44
X Pin 3.1 Diff
MED ST1 Lightened Flywheel and Clutch (will need upgrading as I have been advosed these are only good up to 70 lb/ft Torque)

Will be fitted with Eaton Supercharger in Suck Through, Weber DCOE 45 (Cos it looks good)
CR reduced to 8.5:1
Running 10PSI

Speed is just a question of money, so, how fast do ya wanna go?

JonnyAlpha

28 Posts
Member #: 12124

South West

Hi, can an admin
Move this to Help Needed / General Tech Chat? I posted it in the wrong location m. Thanks

Speed is just a question of money, so, how fast do ya wanna go?

e5tus

428 Posts
Member #: 10128

Dorset

Using 15mm I had timing to rocker, rocker to catch can and transfer to catch can, was fine for years. When i changed to transfer and timing into rocker and single line to catch can (as your plan) it repeatedly blew oil out the dipstick tube, even with a spring retainer.

I'd get two lines to the catch can if you can

Home > Beginners Tech > Engine Breathers for Supercharger Build
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: