Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > What am I missing??

mattsmadmini

118 Posts
Member #: 9965
Advanced Member

Sydney, Australia!

Dyno pushed back a week due to sickness.

Gives me a few more days to finish little jobs around the moke such as:

Try fix slop of gear change
Maybe install a catch can.
Stop going for "test runs" up the street and fouling plugs
Wouldn't mind a working tacho, somewhere along the line that wiring has stopped picking up signal...
Maybe try figure out how to reverse the backwards coilpack wiring so my ignition doesn't look 180° out...
Calibrate the AFR
There are some other wiring woes such as brake lights not coming on, indicator wiring is all over the place
Need some rear number plate lights

“A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.” - Jeremy Clarkson

Mr Joshua

2486 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

Try fitting Mini spares part MSG13. Most if not all my sloppy gear changes are down to worn out components in the selector chain. Have you thought about fitting a fuel pressure gauge under the bonnet?
Mines in dash (yes i know is shouldn't be) great visual indicator.The Forum strikes back *happy*

Edited by Mr Joshua on 23rd Oct, 2022.

Own the day

Jd24-7

55 Posts
Member #: 11761
Advanced Member

Worcestershire

pressure gauge in dash,eek! i almost did that, but decided i had enough sketchy shit on my mini and didn't need petrol shower adding to the list *smiley*

On 23rd Oct, 2022 Mr Joshua said:
Try fitting Mini spares part MSG13. Most if not all my sloppy gear changes are down to worn out components in the selector chain. Have you thought about fitting a fuel pressure gauge under the bonnet?
Mines in dash (yes i know is shouldn't be) great visual indicator.The Forum strikes back *happy*

mattsmadmini

118 Posts
Member #: 9965
Advanced Member

Sydney, Australia!

I've thought about the msg13 and also the mini spare quickshift. That FPR has a built in gauge which has been awesome. If I was going down a.more sensor filled pathway I'd consider dash monitoring. Dyno has rescheduled twice now, getting a feeling he doesn't want to be blown away by the power of this thing... Might have to try doing some of my own tuning.

Have the next 4 days off so will be jumping into finishing off some more things around the moke. How are pics hosted on this forum?

“A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.” - Jeremy Clarkson

Rammie2000

1750 Posts
Member #: 10190
Post Whore

belgium

A oldschool fitting is always nice. ( buldge on bonnet where the gouge is fitted in. Visual from where you sit but with a window between you and potential fuel showers etc)

Have you thought about fitting a fuel pressure gauge under the bonnet?

you can do anything if you set your mind to it...
i rather blow it up winning than keep it together losing.

finish date set for project 1... march 2018

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > What am I missing??
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: