Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Help with valuing an engine please

garethlloyd

282 Posts
Member #: 616

Birmingham

Hi guys,

Hope you’re all ok. I wondered if anyone can help me valuing this…

I pulled it from an old mini about 20 years ago, stuck it in my own car and ran it a few times before breaking the car. It’s sat in my moms garage for around 15 years. The guy I bought the car off advised that it was originally a MED built 1430 (I have receipts to cover) which was used for a while then rebuilt by Dave at Minits. I’ve never had the engine apart so I’m only going on what can be seen in the pictures and a load of recipes that came with it….

My mom is moving house and I need to get rid of all my old stuff. Obviously it’s a bit of a lucky dip for the buyer as I don’t really have the time to strip it but what are your thoughts on value and where best to sell it?

Any advice, greatly received!

stevieturbo

3574 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

It's obviously has some work done, and the bores are definitely oversize....with a touch of head gasket leakage between 2-3

But it also needs a bit of tidying up from whoever buys it.

Value on old, used worn parts will always be a minefield. That's also a fair bit of corrosion on the block deck. It may or may not clean up with surfacing. Just depends how deep it s and how much deck is left to surface.

If there are block/piston issues, likely the block cannot be re-bored, as it's already well out there.

Head has some porting work...would be nicer if that divider was actually straight though, just looks a little wrong when it's bendy. Probably not affecting performance though.

Regardless, it'd need a thorough strip down and going through.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Home > General Chat > Help with valuing an engine please
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: