Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > 1380 turbo deck height

jamesRs250

61 Posts
Member #: 12240
Advanced Member

Kent

What deck height should I be aiming for with my 1380 turbo?
I have 11cc omega pistons and will be getting my standard cylinder head modified for this turbo build. I'm aiming for around 15psi of boost.

Thanks

shane

2619 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

Its dependant on CC's within your cylinder head (assume in the region of 28cc's?) and the compressed head gasket volume, also for consideration is are you using standard or lower pin height pistons?

Phil did an idiots guide on compression ratio calculation, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lp-1Rbb4Yo

Shane

Edited by shane on 22nd Oct, 2022.

theoneeyedlizard

7262 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Ideally you should be aiming for as little piston/deck clearance as possible. It’s not a good method to adjust CR.

Dry build. Measure the piston/deck clearance and have it machined to suit.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

stevieturbo

3574 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

Why are you aiming for a specific deck height ?

IMO machine it flat, and no more.

And certainly do not have pistons running so high that they can hit the cylinder head.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

jamesRs250

61 Posts
Advanced Member

Kent

Cheers that video helps I'm using standard piston heights. My deck hight is 1mm. But every one say less is better.

On 22nd Oct, 2022 shane said:
Its dependant on CC's within your cylinder head (assume in the region of 28cc's?) and the compressed head gasket volume, also for consideration is are you using standard or lower pin height pistons?

Phil did an idiots guide on compression ratio calculation, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lp-1Rbb4Yo

Shane

shane

2619 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

Having the pistons flush with the deck is preferred but by doing so will increase your compression ratio meaning you may need to gain CC's elsewhere to reduce to your desired CR (head and piston dish are the places to gain).

Shane

On 23rd Oct, 2022 jamesRs250 said:
Cheers that video helps I'm using standard piston heights. My deck hight is 1mm. But every one say less is better.

On 22nd Oct, 2022 shane said:

Shane

jamesRs250

61 Posts
Advanced Member

Kent

I'm not it's just my deck height is 1mm so was asking. Going by the replies less deck height is better.

Thanks

On 23rd Oct, 2022 stevieturbo said:
Why are you aiming for a specific deck height ?

IMO machine it flat, and no more.

And certainly do not have pistons running so high that they can hit the cylinder head.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > 1380 turbo deck height
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: