Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Technical Chat > Oil return line

jason050377

29 Posts
Member #: 12072

Gday

I am about to get my mini gearbox build for turbo build i am doing. I recall some people drilling / taping a hole in the back of the case for the oil return / drain. I will be running gt17 of a fusion fab manifold, and already have an adapter for the oil drain that fits the fuel pump. However am i better off draining to gearbox instead or no difference.

thanks for any help

cheers Jason

Mr Joshua

2487 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

If you are referring to the Mechanical fuel pump then that adapter drains back into the gearbox, no need to be drilling extra holes in the casing.

Own the day

jason050377

29 Posts

Gday Yes its the mechanical fuel pump. just wondering if there is any advantage draining straight to gear box

Mr Joshua

2487 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

That is where the drain for the turbo has always been.

Own the day

theoneeyedlizard

7263 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

There’s no reason you couldn’t go into the gearbox casing (as high as possible). But the mechanical fuel pump is a good solution that already exists.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

jason050377

29 Posts

Great thanks guys !

e5tus

428 Posts
Member #: 10128

Dorset

On a GT17 setup I have that didn't need bulkhead clearance, it can't use the fuel pump location and it uses an adapted speedo housing for the drain.

wilsonc001

45 Posts
Member #: 11333

I plan on going into the gearbox on the new engine build, getting the GT15 into the fuel pump aperture was a nightmare - I had to make up a 'sump' to get it routed due to the angles (there's pictures of it in my 998 build thread).

Home > Technical Chat > Oil return line
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: