Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > For Sale > Complete 'Turn-Key' A series turbo engine for Sale

Kev1976

3 Posts
Member #: 12269

Derby - East Midlands

I am selling my complete turbo motor. It has literally only been on the dyno for a light running in a few heat cycles since it was built. However the bottom end has around 1000 miles on it as I bought it second hand. I am selling the whole thing, subframe engine, gearbox, turbo Carb, all ancillaries, oilcooler etc..as a complete bolt in solution for your mini. But remember if you use the T3 turbo you will need to modify the firewall on your car for it to fit. If you use a GT1752 and a tubular manifold, you wont. The engine is currently installed in my car and to be fair is running a bit rough, needs a good tune up as the fuelling is all over the place so its fouling the plugs, and the Turbo does need a rebuild. But all teething troubles. I can tell you the money and effort that has gone into building this engine. The complete spec is below but the engine was built with 10-12psi and 120bhp. I’m sure I have gone overkill on the engine so would be capable of much more boost and power than that.

Over all Compression Ratio is 8.5-1

Short Turbo Engine –
I bought this second hand
approx 1000 miles since build
1293cc +20 Omega 10cc cast pistons (20thou deck height)
Balanced A+ conrods with ARP rod bolts
Standard grind CAM6581 turbo crank. Polished, measured and balanced (by EDA) prior to installation
Centre Main Strap with Finnings CAT HT bolts and hardened washers.
All new bearings including cam bearings
Lightened cam followers
Avonbar Phase 2 Cam
Swiftune adjustable timing gear
"Genuine" Powerflow Turbo oil pump bought from Avonbar about 10 years ago
Proper cast impellor water pump.
Flat breather timing cover.
All oil gallery plugs pulled and replaced with hex plugs
All core plugs replaced Block was tank cleaned prior to machine work being carried out (by drakes in bradford)
Black has a hole tapped into the eater jacket for Turbo water feed if you use a GT1752 etc.). This is blocked off with a threaded bung as the Metro T3 turbo is being used

New Cylinder Head by Jason Clarke (Heanor):
US SMOG Spec head casting
Chemically cleaned shot blasted crack tested
Ported around the guide bosses
Inlet ports will be shot blasted after porting to give better atomization to the fuel
3 angle seats
Bullet nose bronze guides
en21 valves 35.6mm inlet 32mm exhaust (no lead free inserts to maximise exhaust valve size to reduce turbo lag, so must use lead additive in the fuel)
165lbs twin springs
Drilled for 11 stud
Enlarged 27 cc Chambers
skim all 3 surfaces

ARP 11 stud Head bolt kit
BK450 head gasket

Pressed steel 1.27-1 rockers
Alloy Rocker Cover

Induction:
HIFF44E turbo Carb, fully reconditioned, Green Spring, Avonbar 12psi needle
Metro Turbo intake manifold
Home Made Abutment plate for Accelerator and choke cables
Ports for Fuel pressure Regulator boost reference and Dump valve boost reference
FusionFabs Intake Plenum
Dump Valve
New Citroen Belingo Intercooler
Silcone 2 inch boost pipes
Home made Intercooler support bracket
Metro Turbo Garrett T3 turbo (needs reconditioning if you use it

Ignition
Avonbar Custom Electronic Distributor with an advance curve to match 12psi boost
Magnetti Manelli High performance coil
8mm silicon leads
NGK sparkplugs

Gearbox:
Fully reconditioned A+ Sprite gearbox, Competition diff pin (Minisport reconditioning kit)
New Borg and Beck Fly Wheel, Pressure plate and Thrust bearing. MED solid uprated clutch plate
New Clutch Slave cylinder

Ancillaries:
New alternator (45amp)
New Starter Motor
Toyosport Aluminium Radiator
New Fan and belts
Silicone Radiator hoses
Retrosport Billet Thermostat housing, Heater Take off and Transmission case vent
Pipercross and K&N Vent Filters
New Oil Filter Head
10 row oil cooler with AN10 braded hoses
New engine mounts
Chrome Dipstick
Maniflo Turbo down pile 2inch bore, with a lambda bung welded in for an AFR gauge.

All on a very good Front subframe which was stripped and painted

I am looking for £5500 ono.
If you have any questions, please send me an email sherwood_95@hotmail.com and I can send you pictures and videos of the engine build.

Kev

Home > For Sale > Complete 'Turn-Key' A series turbo engine for Sale
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: