Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > K1100 Oil returns

DILLIGAF

166 Posts
Member #: 9128
Advanced Member

I've search and searched but can't find anything on the oil returns in the head. I've drilled the one hole through the cam bearing saddles on the induction side. But Gregg on his site talks about both sides, so has anyone drilled the exhaust side and if so did you go in just above the oil way that's cast into the head ?
Any photos on anybodies builds coz I can't find anything mentioned about this ?

This is what Im talking about
https://www.lojomo.com/drilled_hole_for_oil_drain.JPG

Edited by DILLIGAF on 22nd Jun, 2023.

shane

2619 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

I've not drilled either?

Shane

DILLIGAF

166 Posts
Advanced Member

Interesting Shane thanks for responding, you've not had any problems with oil pooling up in the rocker area. Doesn't seem like anyone else has done it either.

minimole23

4301 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

I suppose although it ponds between cam and cam bucket there is a void below which drains the oil around the spring/guide.

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

DILLIGAF

166 Posts
Advanced Member

Good to know nobodies had any bother, must admit I didn't think there'd be enough drainage around the buckets.
Time for final assembly then thanks guys

shane

2619 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

The first time I'd seen anything like this was Nicks_projects on instagram a few months back, in short the SC build manual I followed never mentioned it, so it never got done. Not doing it has not caused me any issues. The head does retain significant oil though.

On 22nd Jun, 2023 DILLIGAF said:
Interesting Shane thanks for responding, you've not had any problems with oil pooling up in the rocker area. Doesn't seem like anyone else has done it either.

DILLIGAF

166 Posts
Advanced Member

Looking at the head again on the exhaust side three sections have a direct drain for the oil, the second section and the one furthest away from the cambelts doesn't.
Suppose I could drill from the back and then plug the outside wall afterwards, that way I'd totally avoid the oil way on the cam belt end. Hhhmm

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > K1100 Oil returns
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: