Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Introduce Yourself > Hi from London, UK - building a Speeduino 8V Turbo 1275

Doodoodoodadada

4 Posts
Member #: 12307

Hi,

When I was about to finish the refurb of my Mark IV, with a Speeduino 5 port setup, I managed to put the engine bay on fire testing injector sequential timing. In an attempt to be a stoic, I was grateful I survived and decided it was the world conspiring for something better.
I worked for 8 years at Ford on combustion development (mainly with flex fuel engines) and every time I looked at a 5 port head and its siamese trade-offs I piece of me died. So I decdided that instead of procuring an MPI harness, injectors etc after my fire I might as well go K100.
Every engine should be turbocharged, is my philosophy...why not? But I am not looking for max BHP, I am looking for lots of torque, so I will put the smallest TC I can find that matches this engine, like the VW 1.4 TSI or the Stellantis 1.3.
The EFI will be Speeduino as I am an Arduino fan. I have already put an industrial Arduino to control everything else in the car. It has cut a lot of the wiring and minimised high current lengths.

e5tus

428 Posts
Member #: 10128

Dorset

Hi there, sounds like a plan.

Worth taking a look at the new range of GBC turbo's by garrett, small bore specific and showing solid results on the first few projects that are using them

theoneeyedlizard

7262 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like an interesting project.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

Home > Introduce Yourself > Hi from London, UK - building a Speeduino 8V Turbo 1275
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: