Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Is a heated inlet necessary ???

robsturbo

14 Posts
Member #: 12343

mid devon

Evening gents

Is a heated/cooled manifold needed on a metro turbo inlet, its just i never use my car in cold conditions and never in ice or snow, ive read up about some peoples carbs have frozen up with out it..
My will never freeze as never out in the cold, but does it need to be cooled with coolant ? or is it just to stop icing up carbs in winter time..

Many thanks

theoneeyedlizard

7262 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Hi, it never cools. As you say, it’s to heat the manifold to prevent icing. You can get rid of it.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

Steve220

244 Posts
Member #: 11017

Shropshire

On 28th Feb, 2024 robsturbo said:

Evening gents

Is a heated/cooled manifold needed on a metro turbo inlet, its just i never use my car in cold conditions and never in ice or snow, ive read up about some peoples carbs have frozen up with out it..
My will never freeze as never out in the cold, but does it need to be cooled with coolant ? or is it just to stop icing up carbs in winter time..

Many thanks

Carbs can freeze over in the summer, tends to be more common then due to the moisture in the air. Very common on piston aircraft. When it comes to the mini, i doubt it'll make any difference as the inlet manifold is right next to the exhaust manifold.

robsturbo

14 Posts
Member #: 12343

mid devon

Thanks guys for advice, certainly makes a tidier job with it all gone..

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Is a heated inlet necessary ???
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: