Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Morris minor 1275 Turbo Breathers

JamesOBrien

9 Posts
Member #: 10388

Hi, I have a Morris minor with a 1275 Turbo engine fitted.

Have had trouble with oil leaks from the rear crank oil seal, I had fitted the MOSS rear seal kit but now see this was a mistake and will be re-fitting the original scroll seal eyebrow piece.

It is rebuilt engine, was run in correctly and has done around 2-3,000 miles, runs spot on, compression tests OK.

I have made a breather box and added 4 large breather pipes (30-35mm) x2 from the rocker cover, x1 from timing chain cover (steel mesh removed) x1 from where the distributor should be.

I still have an oil leak, and thinking a re-design of the breather system to create some vacuum in the crankcase is needed.

Does anyone have an inline/rwd forced induction A-series that I could speak to, or give me abit of advice of how they run theres please?

I have some photos I can add if I can work out how to do it
Thanks

steve1275

849 Posts
Member #: 951
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

Sorry you will always have a leak. Good rear main bearing tolerance helps, but at any serious boost level it will leak a bit. I tried the various rear seal kits to no effect. I have roughly the sme breather setup as you, and run 23 psi of boost.

'Where does the engine go?'

minimole23

4301 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

How large is the outlet on the breather box? Any photos of the set up

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

Elfturbo

116 Posts
Member #: 2576
Advanced Member

South Staffordshire

I recall seeing somewhere that the tolerances on those seal kits can be a bit loose. I have been trying to recall where I saw it discussed. Think it might have been on a frog eye, rather than a moggy. There was a solution that didn't involve going back to a scroll

HOSS

robsturbo

14 Posts
Member #: 12343

mid devon

On 3rd Mar, 2024 steve1275 said:
Sorry you will always have a leak. Good rear main bearing tolerance helps, but at any serious boost level it will leak a bit. I tried the various rear seal kits to no effect. I have roughly the sme breather setup as you, and run 23 psi of boost.

23 psi of boost ?? What build do you have mate ?

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

GT1752 on Matty manifold, Full race head, Forged pistons, Ph1 cam, 8:2 cr, 1.5 rockers. Street and strip. NOS on the strip.

Mr Joshua

2486 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

On 11th Mar, 2024 steve1275 said:
GT1752 on Matty manifold, Full race head, Forged pistons, Ph1 cam, 8:2 cr, 1.5 rockers. Street and strip. NOS on the strip.

What's your power out of interest I can run with 28psi on the road when lessons need to be taught but i have never had it on a dyno.

Own the day

steve1275

849 Posts
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

About 230 bhp plus 70 bhp from the NOS

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Morris minor 1275 Turbo Breathers
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: