Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Med engine breathers

robsturbo

14 Posts
Member #: 12343

mid devon

Hi guys

Ive got a med engine in my mini its the 1293 turbo setup 10cc omega piston, centre strap crank, new carb, megjolt ecu, the engine had only done 2300 miles then was stored for many years untill i purchased it and installed it in my cooper spi ive recently changed my timing chain cover and front plate for a all alloy retrosport cover front and back.

https://s-can.co.uk/product/timing-cover-kits/

Since fitting it im getting oil out of the breather filter on the timing chain cover breather, it says in there instructions that this can be caused by a blocked crank breather on the clutch side of the engine and supply a new gasket to ensure its clean and clear, ive removed it and cleaned it and still oil like crap come out of the breather hose on the timing cover end...
My breather has about 8 inches of hose then goes to a small filter on top, sort of level with the thermostat housing height

Very supprised to have oil up here so far up, all breathers are free and the new timing cover has no mesh in the breather so im at a loss as it never did this before

Would a oil catch can be of use ?

Im on the dyno in two weeks and i dont want it humping oil out there

Rob

Steve220

244 Posts
Member #: 11017

Shropshire

Did the kit come with a baffle at all? Kinda needs one otherwise it'll fling oil up there.

robsturbo

14 Posts
Member #: 12343

mid devon

Hi steve

Odly no theres nothing ion the removable breather so i gave them a call and there should be a wire gauze in there but they never included it so there sending me one today so ill fit it and report back

Mr Joshua

2486 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

You answered your own question, the new timing cover has no mesh in the breather.

Own the day

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Med engine breathers
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: