Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Fuel Injector Recommendations (GENERAL EFI INFO)!!!

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

Just had a read through this.

I assume the problems with the DTA you used, were due to it running batch fire only ? My P8Pro can run proper sequential, and you can adjust end of injection.
Based on that, would the P8Pro be an option ?

When I first got the Haltech E8 ecu's I used recently, I thought the EOI angle they seemed to use was a little weird, with most base maps being set at around 330-450deg BTDC

I thought, surely this will fire against a closed valve ?? and yes.
Apparently Motec also prefer this route.

I would have thought myself, that firing whilst the valve was open was the correct way to do things, and is apparently what Bosch imply in their blue book.

Perhaps in the real world it doesnt matter so much ( at least on 4 port cars ) Both Subaru and Cossie are running fine, Subaru with 400BTDC at 0rpm rising to 500BTDC at max rpm.
I did alter the Cossie admittedly, its at 270 rising to 360 BTDC

If you were to time EOI to fire before the inlet valve opens, would that fix the charge stealing issue ?
It sounds like thats almost what you are trying to do, finish injection, before the "robbing" valve opens ? Except I think you are implying you still intend to open the injector only when the correct inlet valve is open, rather than before it opens ?

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

I know how the P8 works from a mates mini - but I still don't think it'll do everything needed - BUT - no harm in not giving it a try.
Start of injection, and swinging the injection point about is the first step - AND - having the injectors as close to the valve such that the dynamic injection start point changes little (with reference to crank position) for all rev ranges; that's to say the time between the fuel leaving the injector and reaching the valve is as near as dammit the same for all cases.

BUT - don't mount it so close that fuel 'puddles' on top of the 'inactive' valve...

From there on in, you're on your own...

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

Is the charge robbing scenario more of a problem at low rpm's or at higher ??

Was having a read through here, which has shed some light on the matter for me
http://www.emeraldm3d.com/em_projects_Aseries.html

I also read throughout the forum....

Rover have an "injector per port" system with 2 injectors.
Obviously this cant be sequential, so how do they get around the problem ?

Surely running a setup like that will make matters worse than a 4 inj sequential system ?

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

The Rover MPi system used two (total) 460cc injectors - one per inlet port - which were fired sequentially; sequentially in that when the port was 'active' the appropriate injector was firing.

They weren't firing sequentially in that injector A fired, then B, then A, then B, etc... It was AABBAABBAABBAABB.....

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

fab

1497 Posts
Member #: 100
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

having read carefully what's involved in injecting the siamesed 5 porter since some time, I've run away from this and collected parts to use twin carby...
then I now have access to an mpi complete set up which I would like to use in combinaison with an emerald unit:
the mpi mems will deliver fuelling at anything under boost , then the emerald unit will inject a "laser beam" fuell stream directed precisely at each valve tulipe, using some 42lb lucas disc type injectors , the mpi unit should give enough fuell for 80 bhp, waiting some 150/160 one out of mine I would only need requirement for 80 bhp which could fall into the tiny injection window.
what's your though please?
fab

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

Unless you can ensure the Emerald doesn't fire till after 40-degrees ATDC, then you'll start running into probs Fab. You also should set up a table showing max injector pulse, so you know when not to increase the pulse width any more.

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

Even if you inject directly at the intake valve if the timing is such that you inject on a closed valve for the outside cylinders, you will get some of that fuel to the inside cylinder. The fuel that hits the hot intake valve will vaporize and the air entering the inside cylinder will draw in fuel vapor from the outside intake port.

I'd be interested to see the actual results but I think you won't be satisfied with the outcome. You could try the new Megasquirt code but it will require some experimentation.

Si tu désires plus d'information sur le code, tu peux me contacter directement.

Jean

http://www.jbperf.com/

fab

1497 Posts
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

thanks for inputs ,
I see what you mean by the robing of charge , inner cylinders opening just before the outer ones are closing, so timing is critical.
the idea was to simplify the fuel delivery in dividing the trouble by 2, but it seem that it'll need some more work in waste time that I can give , Dave walker also emailed that it'll be difficult to sort :( ... .
I would like to be in the party, but can't anymore, family first *wink*
I'll keep an eye on your progression and hope you'll agree to share some information to convert the carbs to efi later
regards
fab
et merci Jean pour cette petite phrase en francais, je te contacterais avec plaisir dès que j'aurais avancé dans mes projets *wink*

Bat

4559 Posts
Member #: 786
Post Whore

Bermingum

Hi,
Fab .. I'm thinking of doing the same, only my plan was to mount the extra injectors before the throttle body. I'm going to use the Mega squirt to fire the extra injectors, so I can remove the Rover ECU when the code is sorted.
Cheers,
Gavin :)

VEMs Authorised Installer / Re-seller. K head kits now available!

WB/EGT gauges. Click here for customers write-up

Visit www.doyouneedabrain.co.uk

My Mini build diary

Rawden

49 Posts
Member #: 1472
Prize Tool

Oh and regards the Rover Siamese Port Code, it was actally undertaken by Lotus Engineering, as they also did the Metro Turbo.
On 16th of Feb, 2007 shortly after the above BS was typed, TurboDave said:

You are full of shit. Click below for proof.

http://www.davecoxon.co.uk/Youve_been_served.jpg

They own the patent, but whom undertook the work?

Lotus.

IP is determind, prior to prject commencement.

Incdentaly have noticed they all swear a lot on this furum, seems like no moderation. Must not let my childern in the room when am veiwing!

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

Michael Theaker - a Rover Employee who left ROVER to work for Ricardo engineering consultants did the work. I have communicated with Mike in the past. I am pretty sure you haven't.

It is safe to say, that your credibility (and you're dragging Mtech down further with each post) on this forum is low. Why not quit whilst you're behind loser?

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

On 17th of Feb, 2007 at 08:50am Rawden said:

all swear a lot on this furum, seems like no moderation.

Quite who on earth do you think you are? You come on here as a newly joining member and have the cheek to question how the forum is run? I can quite safely say that 100% of the people who are genuine turbomini enthusiasts, and not someone trying to plug a company and score points, using the site have no issue with the way it is moderated.
Any more comments on how the board is run can be directed to any of the Site Admin members via PM. You are very very close to the line.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

On 15th of Feb, 2007 at 07:51pm fab said:
thanks for inputs ,
I see what you mean by the robing of charge , inner cylinders opening just before the outer ones are closing, so timing is critical.
the idea was to simplify the fuel delivery in dividing the trouble by 2, but it seem that it'll need some more work in waste time that I can give , Dave walker also emailed that it'll be difficult to sort :( ... .
I would like to be in the party, but can't anymore, family first *wink*
I'll keep an eye on your progression and hope you'll agree to share some information to convert the carbs to efi later
regards
fab
et merci Jean pour cette petite phrase en francais, je te contacterais avec plaisir dès que j'aurais avancé dans mes projets *wink*

but isnt it 1,3,4,2 ,firing order ,so its the inner cyl sucking first ,then the outer ones second in each pair.?

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

fab

1497 Posts
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

yes Robert your right, it's inner then outer.As writen by dave it's easier when you rearrange the numbers:with 2,1,3,4
reg's
fab

RogerM

2514 Posts
Member #: 1217
I like nice quiet girly Minis

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

On 17th of Feb, 2007 at 01:07pm Tom Fenton said:

Quite who on earth do you think you are? You come on here as a newly joining member and have the cheek to question how the forum is run? I can quite safely say that 100% of the people who are genuine turbomini enthusiasts, and not someone trying to plug a company and score points, using the site have no issue with the way it is moderated.
Any more comments on how the board is run can be directed to any of the Site Admin members via PM. You are very very close to the line.

Welcome back Tom, hope you have things a little more sorted now .... good to see you posting regularly again!

TD .... we seem to have very much aligned views here... *wink*

Every day is a school day ...........

How fast and how expensive ...... the same question...

On 27th of Sep, 2007 at 12:45pm Jimster said:

why do you you think I got a girlfriend with small hands?

whittlebeast

1 Posts
Member #: 7933

I just found this site thru a link on the Megasquirt site.

Regarding the original post and sizing of injectors on motors.

I put together a spreadsheet that calcs the injector size for almost any injected motor. The yellow cells are unprotected input cells. Pink cells are critical output cells. The math logic is shown on the lower right corner. I has been proven to be close for almost any motor from 2 stroke watercraft thu full blown pro rally cars.

Have fun tuning

http://www.ncs-stl.com/fuel/ReqInjectors03.xls

AW

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

Useful spreadsheet.

However, warning for anyone using the MS Siamese code.

Maximum duty cycle should be set at 20%.

Also put in double the amount of injectors. This is because each injector does twice the amount of work.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

So you should simply put 40% duty cycle and the correct number of injectors which is more representative of what is actually happening: each injector duty cycle will be up to 40% but that will be for 2 cylinders.

Jean

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

True

On 10th Jan, 2010 jbelanger said:
So you should simply put 40% duty cycle and the correct number of injectors which is more representative of what is actually happening: each injector duty cycle will be up to 40% but that will be for 2 cylinders.

Jean

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

can we mix and match high n low impedance injectors? with MS3X

use a high impedance small cc injector and a large main low impedance staged in when the little one runs out

this would be one small one big per runner

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

On 14th Apr, 2017 Turbo This.. said:
can we mix and match high n low impedance injectors? with MS3X

use a high impedance small cc injector and a large main low impedance staged in when the little one runs out

this would be one small one big per runner

I haven't tested it in any way but it looks like you can probably do so. Use the MS3X injector outputs for the primary injectors and the main board for the secondary injectors. The main board drivers can be set for low impedance injectors with PWM.

What's not clear is the injection timing. As far as I can see, you can set the secondary injectors for an alternate pattern which is what you want and there is also a timing table so you could match it with the primary injectors timing or adjust it as needed.

The primary injectors will use the outputs A and C since you will have to use the single pulse method because the main board injector outputs can only do one pulse.

Jean

Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > Fuel Injector Recommendations (GENERAL EFI INFO)!!!
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: