Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > MS Trials & Testing > Who's doing the physical testing?

AlexF2003

5795 Posts
Member #: 80
AFRacing LTD

Newbury, Berks

On 09/01/2006 17:00:52 evolotion said:

a set of home made det-cans (32p piezo crystal, some insulating tape to insulate it electrically from the block and an amplifier, i.e. mic input on the laptop jobs a goodun) and you can map away.

thats the way to do it :)

Alex

AlexF

evolotion

2909 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

well its a way to know that det is there, with the spreadsheet i found my torque plateau'd for about 4-6 degrees before det became detectable, so naturally i set the engine to the lower value, giving me the maximum torque possible but well away from the point where det could occur.

Edited by evolotion on 9th Jan, 2006.

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

Have to admit, a nat-asp is pretty easy to do if you know what you're doing, and if an efficient engine has a few degrees of advance scope before the slightest onset of detonation.

Anyone thinks they can generate and optimise the map of a turbo on a road without a RR is kidding themselves or living under a self-proclaimed halo IMO...

Edited by TurboDave16V on 9th Jan, 2006.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

MAGA7INE

63 Posts
Member #: 834
Advanced Member

Falmouth, Cornwall

On 06/01/2006 01:58:58 jbelanger said:

Peter,

Let me know if you have any question about the code or how to set up the new features.

Also, like I said in the other threads, I haven't been able to test the code due to my lack of access to an MSII so when you're ready to run the code (or anyone else is) , it's very possible there will some bugs. I'll do my best to help with debugging and/or explaining the code.

Regards,
Jean

Thanks Jean, will do that, really can't tell you how much I am looking forward to testing this out!

Thanks

Peter

Editor

Peter

Editor

MAGA7INE
Seven Magazine
The brand new quality Classic Mini Tech and Journal
Issue 1 out late 2027.

Home > MS Trials & Testing > Who's doing the physical testing?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: