Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > MS Trials & Testing > Megatunix woes...

MAGA7INE

63 Posts
Member #: 834
Advanced Member

Falmouth, Cornwall

Just starting on the MS installation on a disposable 850 engine on a test rig, but for the love of XXX will can someone tell me how to get the megatunix to work so I can play with the ECU I borrowed?

OSX intall 10.4 on my trusty iBook. As far as I know I have the library required but to say this UNIX based app is terse is an understatement!

I can borrow a windows laptop if I really have to but I hate windows so much it makes me throw things :)

If no one can then I will just have to take half a day to work through it sometime, or just go into XP hell...no worries :)

Peter

Editor

MAGA7INE
Seven Magazine
The brand new quality Classic Mini Tech and Journal
Issue 1 out late 2027.

evolotion

2909 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

you could always get an old machine and throw a linux distro on it. keep meenig to put megatunix on my linux box downstairs, but not got round to it yet.

the only worry is the latest msns-e codes (asumign your useing these) require a new version of megatune, and dont know how up-to-date megatunix is kept. I also want to try running megatune on wine under linux, but again, not had the time :)

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

MAGA7INE

63 Posts
Advanced Member

Falmouth, Cornwall

Thanks evolution, I just tried to install it on my very old workshop pc that runs linux as well and it's an enigma to me! So I will go for megatune for now on the old pc at least that has a serial port which makes life easier :). Would be cool to have it running on a mac though.

Last revision I think was november last year.

Peter

Editor

MAGA7INE
Seven Magazine
Issue 1 out late 2027.

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

Peter,

One thing you also have to be careful about is which version of megasquirt you want to run. Megatunix does not support all versions completely. So if you're planning on using MSnS-e or MS-II, Megatune is a better choice.

By the way, on another subject, did you see TurboDave's suggestion about financing an MS-II ECU for software development (by myself) and engine testing (by Marcel)? If that's something you may consider, you can pm or email me.

Jean

http://www.jbperf.com/

MAGA7INE

63 Posts
Advanced Member

Falmouth, Cornwall

On 26/01/2006 04:05:39 jbelanger said:

Peter,

One thing you also have to be careful about is which version of megasquirt you want to run. Megatunix does not support all versions completely. So if you're planning on using MSnS-e or MS-II, Megatune is a better choice.

By the way, on another subject, did you see TurboDave's suggestion about financing an MS-II ECU for software development (by myself) and engine testing (by Marcel)? If that's something you may consider, you can pm or email me.

Jean

Thanks Jean! I would be more than happy to fund the MS module for the mag, no problem. Will send an email/PM later.

I have decided to use the workshop PC for now as it has a serial port makes life easier.

Have mocked up and inlet now using an old st1 manifold with injectors wedged in it. I take it they need to be as close to the ports as possible? I will then use the old SU base as a TB and cut the rest off, fab a cold air induction kit for that and it should do. I am restriced to around 50 bhp with the K series injectors, but that doesn't matter for a stock 850 to start with...doesn't matter if that leans out. Will snap some pics next week and post.

Peter

Editor

MAGA7INE
Seven Magazine
Issue 1 out late 2027.

evolotion

2909 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

If its any help my attempt last nite to get megatune workign under wine failed miserably *happy* if i succeed il let you know.

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

MAGA7INE

63 Posts
Advanced Member

Falmouth, Cornwall

Thanks evolution, not just me then! I am good with that sort of thing and I had a mate who installs bank unix networks and routers try it last night and HE couldn't get it to work either, so no hope for the rest of us :)

I installed windows 98 on it on a partition with megatune now so should be able to get on with it next week.

Edited by MAGA7INE on 27th Jan, 2006.

Peter

Editor

MAGA7INE
Seven Magazine
Issue 1 out late 2027.

Home > MS Trials & Testing > Megatunix woes...
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 2 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: