Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Companies to Avoid > minispares

T3Tone

1666 Posts
Member #: 252
Post Whore

Sunny suffolk

Very poor delivery service. I have always had to wait over a week for parts to be delivered that are in stock, if only they could sort out the service. Or if only DSN supplied more performance parts. (see other post)

PS: minispares potters bar!!

Moved as i think this is where you meant to post it *smiley* iain

Edited by iain on 18th Feb, 2006.

-MINI CLUBMAN 1380 TURBO-

Nic

9311 Posts
Member #: 59
First mini turbo to get in the 12's & site perv

Herefordshire

i thought i was seeing things-you've actually put this in good suppliers, not bad

T3Tone

1666 Posts
Member #: 252
Post Whore

Sunny suffolk

Doh my bad!!!

-MINI CLUBMAN 1380 TURBO-

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

Placed a £1k order with minispares on the 12th - 2 weeks ago.

Got next week off work to finish the engine/box build and take the existing engine out of the car.

Half the bits turned up last monday - OK.

The bits that I really need to get on are in the gearbox rebuild kit that has been placed on backorder.

Just rang to chase. They are waiting for the bl##dy layshaft!!! The one bit I don't wont! And they wont send it without.

Should be with me in a couple of weeks!

Not good when I was led to believe that everything was in stock when it was ordered.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Jimster
Site Admin

9401 Posts
Member #: 58
455bhp per ton
12 sec 1/4 mile road legal mini

Sunny Bridgend, South Wales

I always use minispares north, Rich there is a top bloke. I've has simular experinnce with the london branch

Team www.sheepspeed.com Racing

On 15th May, 2009 TurboDave said:

I think the welsh one has it right!

1st to provide running proof
of turbo twinkie in a car and first to
run a 1/4 in one!!

Is your data backed up?? directbackup.net one extra month free for all Turbo minis members, PM me for detials

SumpNut
Forum Mod

1322 Posts
Member #: 28
Post Whore

Milton Keynes

Also I have experianced when Items are out of stock they will miss them off the order - so I phone up to cancell them. The in a months time they arrive! Got a refund - but I had to pay to send the dam things back.

I really dis like minispares south and only use them as a very last resort

Rob H

4314 Posts
Member #: 700
Formerly British Open Classic

The West Country

I had a different problem with Mini Spares and gearbox parts, I ordered a cross pin diff and a few other bits just over two years ago and inbetween xmas and new year they sent me two of every thing and charged the lot to me card pushing me over my limit and causing the bank to fine me. Thanks guys.

Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:
Nothing is impossible if you are an Engineer

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

i drove to potters bar to collect calipers that were "in stock" they actually had non in stock

but

fair play they addmitted a mistake gave me 10% off and sent foc, they even sent my next order foc as well, so when they do make a mistake they seem to want to put things right imho

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

yes jimster the london branch of minispares are crap!

richard at minispares north

(straight up no bull!)

pot_dan

928 Posts
Member #: 326
Post Whore

bradford, west yorks

me and jimmy went to minispares north on thursday and spent £60+ on little finishing bits for both cars, the service i thought was verry good but i think the quality of parts so far is not verry impressive.
gear selector mountings (big cotton real type) are a different thread to the origional so i had to buy new nuts and the thread was damadged on 3 out of 4 of the threads.
roll pins i am unsure, maybe they normally come twice the size they need to be?
cant remeber what jimmy got that wasent verry straight forward..
not saying avoid them, but check the things properly before you take them home if you pick them up:)

Dan

http://turbominis.co.uk/car/105/

mickeyturbo

93 Posts
Member #: 1212
Advanced Member

braintree, essex

rich from up north is the man as far as im concerned with minispares. had an indepth chat with so much good advice, the london depo seem to want the sales other than the service.

Edited by mickeyturbo on 2nd Oct, 2006.

JT

2742 Posts
Member #: 637
Post Whore

Hertfordshire

i rang the pottersbar one up for a set of rocker studs and they said yer wev got them in, went there about half hour later and know were out of stock!!!
iv gone up there thinking they would be open as it said they were open at that time and that day etc got there and they had closed early!

My build thread..

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=542985

daniel_johno

125 Posts
Member #: 751
Advanced Member

Aberdeen

I usually find Minispares ok and order online so dont know what branch it comes from but the delivery company they use have just told me i live in a remote area and my delivery is having to be rescheduled!!!
I live in Aberdeen, not exactly remote! and only ordered a radius arm rebuild kit.
Ordered the part on monday so ill see how well my £6+vat postage charge is spent!!!

Badger

197 Posts
Member #: 1488
Advanced Member

Bristol

Have to admit I didn't think much of the turbo box I got off them... tack welded though it is 16swg at least. Suppose you get what you pay for for £30! Nothing a quick go over with a welder can't help :)

There is no sense crying over every mistake- you just keep on trying til you run out of cake.

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

i ordered a part yesterday and was asked if a wanted normal or next day i said normal and its here today anyway

credit where credits due

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Member #: 54
Post Whore

nr coventry

i was going to place an order for megapistons & rings at minispares brum, i phoned at 4pm they shut at 4:30, the guy said to leave my number & he'll give me a ring st8 bk to see if they're in stock, he did'nt & when collecting parts recently both guys on the desk admited they dontreally know anything about cars!!! just to point at the part needed in the book which is all well & good if you know what your fter or have enough experiance

but what about a novice???

i've never been that impressed with service from many places to be honest

min-its i have praise for though & ppl i list on here

SKYLINES ARE LIKE CLITS, EVERY FLANGE SEEMS TO HAVE ONE: see this sticker on my silvia

the Search-section on this forum is blummin superb & simple to use, unlike some other forums, without the search-section & the help of this bunch of chaps on here i'll never be able to !!!Start the day with a 998cc turbo!!! :) i'm getting closer though!

Tom Fenton says: I have it all, make me an offer

mattyking

173 Posts
Member #: 873
Advanced Member

Thatcham, berkshire

I order the x pin diff of them last week. one of the pins was pitted and broke so i rung em up sayin i wanted another one and they were reluctant to give me one saying it was fine when they sent it out. So i had to pay 21 quid for another pin. so ill be sending the broken one back this week with a letter. HHmmm wonder if ill actually get my money back.

joeybaby83

6274 Posts
Member #: 509
Post Whore

Isle of Man

I order the majority of stuff online, and tbh think its a reasonable service.

They fluffed an order i made last week, sent the wrong seams, anyway wasted about 5 phone calls trying to get through to the internet order dept, in the end spoke to Simon on the main desk at 01707 607700, post had already gone that day, made him aware the car was getting sprayed imminently so needed them asap, he went out of his way to post 2 front seams out to me gauranteed delivery 9am next day FOC.

I know it was there mistake in the first place, but they did well at making amends.

"Turbo's make torque, and torque makes fun"

"did you know you can toast potato waffles?"

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Member #: 54
Post Whore

nr coventry

i think i may give the online ordering a go, may get a better result, saves driving too!

SKYLINES ARE LIKE CLITS, EVERY FLANGE SEEMS TO HAVE ONE: see this sticker on my silvia

the Search-section on this forum is blummin superb & simple to use, unlike some other forums, without the search-section & the help of this bunch of chaps on here i'll never be able to !!!Start the day with a 998cc turbo!!! :) i'm getting closer though!

Tom Fenton says: I have it all, make me an offer

barkiboi

180 Posts
Member #: 591
Advanced Member

Rugeley, Midlands, England

agree mini spares = utter shit!! customer service is poor and never get back in touch when they say they would etc etc never again still waiting for bits from 2 months ago.. rant over!

hammoj28turbo

455 Posts
Member #: 1502

Aberdeenshire, scotland.

Iv never had a problem with mini spares. Always arrives really quick and i get good service. Ordered a fair bit recently with them too and it always turns up in a few days max. Sometimes next day when i dont even ask for it.

cossierick

3074 Posts
Member #: 1348
Post Whore

wakefield West Yorks

Always used rich (mini spares north) never had a problem and would always value his opinion.

Jason G

4360 Posts
Member #: 1459
En-suite user

Braintree, Essex

Used them...seem good crowd :)
It was via internet order though

Edited by Jason G on 15th May, 2007.

On 19th Jan, 2010 wil_h said:
I would start the furthest place from the finish.

On 24th Mar, 2012 apbellamy said:
I feel all special knowing that I've given your mum my wood.

Been neglecting Turbo'd 'A' series..............

steve1275

849 Posts
Member #: 951
Post Whore

Bromsgrove

Dave at minispares midlands is very good,but they are often out of stock.Min-its are the men for me!

'Where does the engine go?'

redwing

214 Posts
Member #: 1574

Malta

Mini spares at Potters Bar have always been OK to me. Gary at the counter is always very helpful. I have also used the mail order (to Malta) and although it took about a week to process the order it was delivered in 2 days. I'd use them again.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt... Then it's hilarious!

Home > Companies to Avoid > minispares
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: