Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Companies to Avoid > Burlen

kutabare

3 Posts
Member #: 923

for 7 months now my car has been off the road because of Burlens incompetance.. It all started when i thought instead of re-conditioning my old carb i would treat my pride and joy to a new carb hence where Burlen comes in. i orderd the carb giving full details make model and serial numbers, firstly they sent the wrong type of carb on TWO occasions then on the third attempt they sent the right carb but for some reason it wouldnt work it just wasnt letting petrol through, after closer inspection i found that the body of the carb was right but the float chamber was totally incorrect. phoned Burlen to complain and they just said send it back we will fix it (incouring more postage expenses and time) FOUR weeks went by and they finally sent the carb back saying it was fixed, i was delighted and couldnt wait to fit it and hear my lovely car spring back to life, but my dreams were to be shatterd AGAIN. They have not done a single thing to the carb its still the wrong float chamber and still has all the same problems.... my case might just be a one off but my advice is STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM BURLEN

Mike

1171 Posts
Member #: 107
Post Whore

Sunny Sussex

wrong float chamber?

iain
Site Admin

8506 Posts
Member #: 16
Sold the turbo and seeing what the C20XE can do!

Near Lincoln

i order from burlen regularly and they are usually really good to be honest.

i'm not overseas just yet but i get a good discount of burlens prices. maybe not that much cheaper but when postage etc comes into play i can pass on some savings.

Skinns46

151 Posts
Member #: 165
Advanced Member

Cambridge

As mike said..........Wrong float chamber? It's integral in the 'HIF' series carbs.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y139/Skinns46/

Flatline

2 Posts
Member #: 924

jumping in on my m8ts post (kutabare)...
the whole issue was a broke drill bit inside the carb this was found by bulen (after it was reterned the 2nd time) noble eventualy fixed and rolling the mini on the origanal carb (reconed by nobles carb man) 85bhp aparantly (starnderd metro turbo engine and box kandn "snowmobele" air filter play mini box on 2" pipes still on ecu)

end of update

flatline

1293GTT

5 Posts
Member #: 3141

Orkney (AKA The Rock)

I've personally ordered quite a few rebuild kits and various carb spares for rebuilding half a dozen or so carbs and i cant say i've had any problems with Burlen. Infact quite the opposite, they have been more than helpful with any problems and have extremely fast shipping.

Jason G

4360 Posts
Member #: 1459
En-suite user

Braintree, Essex

Always had excellent service & advice from Burlen.

Edit.....Just noticed, as the others said.....old post!

Edited by Jason G on 27th Jul, 2008.

On 19th Jan, 2010 wil_h said:
I would start the furthest place from the finish.

On 24th Mar, 2012 apbellamy said:
I feel all special knowing that I've given your mum my wood.

Been neglecting Turbo'd 'A' series..............

martpaul

447 Posts
Member #: 668

newton aycliffe (near durham)

doubt it not after 2years! LOL :p

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Hey,

At least the fact that newer members pull up 2-3 year old posts every now and then......
Proves that the "SEARCH" button is actually being used !!!

Rod.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Home > Companies to Avoid > Burlen
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: